22. Sweet Dreams

A/N: After a long long time, part 22 is finally here, my loves. I have missed this book and all of you so much! And I'm very excited to share this with you. I hope it makes up for the delay. And I'm sorry it took me so long to write, but every time I thought I'd have free time, something always got in the way - such is the life of a student. My deepest and sincerest thanks to all of you who stuck around. You make this all worth it and I love you.

Warnings: Somnophilia, fingering, unprotected sex/vaginal penetration, oral sex (fem receiving), cumplay/snowballing (not sure if there's a better phrase to use), spit kink, praise

Chapter Summary: Spencer has another proposition for Reader. After a successful night (or morning), the two talk more about what the future has in store for them.

Word Count: 6.5k

----------------------------------------

Like Spencer had said he would, the two of you were sharing your laptop at the dining room table. Lit up on the screen were several tabs. Most of them showed job listings that suited someone with a master's degree in chemistry.

You were scrolling through the tabs with his face next to yours as you looked for ones that interested you. Ones that seemed appealing. A lot of them were for out-of-state jobs, and others had whacky hours. With Spencer's own schedule being so irregular, maybe that wasn't such a bad thing. But deep down, you knew a more predictable schedule would be good for you. It would be better for you both.

That way, when he came home from a case, at least he knew if he'd be coming home to you or not. It would suck if the short amount of time he was home in between cases was spent alone while you were working long hours, or worse in another state. If you could be home for a good portion of your day, during weeknights and maybe even weekends, then there was more of a chance you'd be able to spend time with him when he was working at the bureau.

There were certain drawbacks to every job, but it would be nice to find one that checked off those boxes.

Spencer added his own input every now and again when he saw your gaze lingering on one listing for a few extra seconds. It was really helpful. He was able to take in all the information at once, process it, and then relay the pros and cons of each job to you. He mentioned aspects of the jobs that you hadn't even considered yet.

Another bonus was that him being there with you, sitting next to you while you weighed your immediate options made you a lot more relaxed. There were a ton of jobs that needed filling, and he made it less overwhelming for you simply by being there and staying calm.

His thumb was stroking over the back of your palm absentmindedly. When you looked down at your joined fingers, you smiled. Giving his hand a soft squeeze, you sighed and turned to him.

"There's so many, how can anyone possibly decide?"

Even though some listings were more appealing than others, and some you could take out of consideration right away, there were still a lot to sift through. Even with his help, it still hurt your head to look at new job options.

A small smile twitched at the corners of his lips. "You don't have to decide today," he cooed, turning his face to you. His lips met your temple a second afterwards. He placed a kiss on the side of your face to sooth you.

It helped. If anything, it distracted you long enough for you to forget about the stress of job hunting. You smiled, and his hand came to the side of your head, pulling your cheek against his lips before releasing you. "We'll figure it out."

You had to tell yourself that, for a little while, just until your brain tricked you into actually believing it.

"I might have a few more options," he added, "but I need to look into them first. And as soon as I find anything, you'll be the first to know."