~ 13 ~

“Olympic Coven, glad to see you all well and healthy.” Aro smirked, he took care to slowly drag his eyes up and down Bella’s figure, taking in her immortal looks, “Immortality suits you Isabella.” He said nothing more but he glided around their living room with a look that said he had more to say.

“Thank you?” She didn’t know if that was a compliment or not, she didn’t think too much though when Edward snatched her back just so she would miss the rock that flew through a window.

“But still pretty slow.” Caius smirked, he threw it.

“Please refrain from trashing my home Caius.” Carlisle signed, he didn’t feel like dealing with this but the reality was that he had no choice, Aro was here early for something and he didn’t know what.

“What brought you here?” He frowned, he had a feeling it was something he wouldn’t like.

“I’ve heard from a little birdie that Alice recently had a vision.” Aro gave a cheery grin.

Alice did, it was about the Romanians but she didn’t want to give her hand to Aro, she knew he’ll see Aurora and he’ll start to question things, but the real question was who told him? No one talks with the Volturi unless they truly need to and they haven’t noticed any other vampire in their territory.

“A birdie?” Rosalie lifted a brow, she didn’t believe it for one second, she's been storming around these woods since Aurora was discovered and she hasn't caught wind of anybody.

“Yeah,” Caius scoffed, “a little birdie.” His eyes snapped to Bella, though only one person seemed to take notice that he was talking about her.

“And they told you what exactly?” Carlisle kept his smile, though it seemed to look like it was wavering.

“Oh don’t play dumb Carlisle!” Caius hissed, and Aro held up a hand.

“Now, now, Caius, you know how the Cullens are when it comes to humans.” He smirked, they weren’t talking about the Romanians, those two didn’t stand a chance against them and weren’t something they were worried about, it was the human that was reported.

“A human?” Carlisle coughed, he wasn’t expecting them to know of their problem so soon, especially since no one told them.

“Yes, the human.” Caius seemed almost amused, “it was said this human could be a potential threat?” He was enjoying the reaction they gave, it also greatly amused him that a human was causing the stuck up coven of vampires problems.

“We have never interacted with humans unless it was unavoidable.” Which was partly true, Carlisle was Aurora’s doctor at some point, and he did bring Edward so they could see if she was thinking of something problematic.

“But humans still pose a threat.” They were enjoying the Cullens struggles, it wasn't everyday that they were able to get caught up in something they can’t fix, and right now they didn’t know what to do about the problem.

“Though humans aren't informed of our kind, I’ll suppose?” Marcus was the one to speak now, the human didn’t pose as big of a threat as everyone was thinking, they didn’t know vampires existed yet, so the Volturi wouldn’t get involved yet, but the girl was still posing a threat to vampires.

“She doesn’t.” Rosalie was quick to answer, the girl still didn’t do anything no matter how much she didn’t like her.

“Good, at least this time we won’t have to get involved again.” Caius snorted, he was sick of them and their mess when it came to humans, Bella was enough and he didn’t want to go through with it again.