𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏- 𝐂𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐨'𝐬 𝐠𝐢𝐟𝐭

A YOUNG VALENTINA BOUNCED ON THE BALLS OF HER FEET WHILE WAITING FOR HER ABUELO TO FINISH HIS PURCHASE

"Be patient, cariño." He laughed as he watched his granddaughter twirl around at his feet.

"I can't abuelo! Camilo is getting his gift tonight!" The girl shouted, tugging on her hair.

Andres smiled softly as he grabbed his purchase, reaching down to scoop Valentina up in his arms.
"Well, if you're that excited let's get you home so your mamá can get you ready."

"But I wanted to go see Camilo before the ceremony." The black haired girl frowned, glancing up at her grandfather with big eyes.

"We don't want to disturb them, Val. It's a very busy day for them." Andres said, bopping her on the nose and causing her to frown.

"I know Camilo is your best friend mi amor but this is a stressful day for the Madrigals. You wouldn't want his ceremony to go wrong, would you?" The man asked causing Valentina to look up with wide eyes and to frantically shake her head no, "Then let's get you home so you can put on your new dress!"

"A new dress?" Valentina squealed, reaching for the bag in her abuelos hand.

The two entered the doors of the Marin home, immediately being greeted by Valentina's mother, Adella.

"What's in the bag, papá?" She asked, hands on her hips.

"Abeulo got me a new dress for Camilo's ceremony!" Valentina cheered, tugging on her mothers skirt.

"He did, huh?" Adella said, raising an eyebrow at Andres.

"I can't help my spoil my only granddaughter Adella, you know that." He smiled, patting Valentina's head.

"She'll grow up to be entitled if you keep doing this papá." Adella whispered before looking down at her daughters excited face, "Let's go get you ready then, mi amor."

Valentina bounded up the stairs to her room smiling, her mother following quickly behind her.

"How do you want your hair done?" Adella asked her daughter, grabbing a brush from the girls vanity.

"Mmm. Can you do that thing where half of my hair is up in a braid in the back?" Valentina requested, her mother nodding.

"Oh! And can you braid these flowers into the braid?" She asked, holding out a bouquet of yellow marigolds.
Her mother nodded, bringing the girl over to sit on her chair and starting on her hair.

"Those flowers sure are pretty Valentina. Where'd you get them?"

"Camilo gave them to me yesterday! So obviously I should wear them to his ceremony." The girl smiled.

"Speaking of Camilo, did you get him a gift for his ceremony like I said you should?"

"Of course I did! Me and abeulo got him a locket and he said that I should put a picture of me and Camilo in it!" Valentina spoke quickly.