First Day Familiars

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Rimuru POV

After an uneventful morning, Iruma and I begin walking (unfortunately I can't fly or teleport there because of the blue-haired boy next to me) to Babyls for our first day. He doesn't look very enthusiastic about going there though. The kid's probably still scared about getting eaten or something.

"Hey! Is something wrong?"

"No! No, of course not! I'm fine!"

I raise an eyebrow at him, not convinced in the slightest. Even without Ciel's help, I can tell he's full of crap.

"I know something's bothering you, is this about what happened yesterday? Are concerned about all the attention we got?"

"Well, yeah...I guess."

"Just because more eyes are pointed in our direction doesn't necessarily mean you're in more danger. The performance on the stage, the fight from yesterday, and making the head of the class your servant; all of those things will give you a reputation that will keep you safe in the long run. Plus, you have a trusty Demon Lord watching your back! I promised to keep you safe, and I don't break promises!" I say with a confident smile, pointing at my chest with my thumbs.

"But didn't you promise not to hurt students and then went and beat one up right after?" Iruma asks, instantly shattering my confident demeanor.

"That was self-defense, it doesn't count!" I snap back, irritated that I was just called out like that right after sounding so cool. Iruma chuckles a bit in response to my outburst.

"Hey, don't laugh!...*sigh*...Whatever, I guess it is the job of little brothers to be annoying, I know that from personal experience." I say to get back at him for laughing at me.

"We are supposed to be twins, so don't call me your little brother!" he insists.

"Yeah, but in reality, I'm still much older than you, just accept it."

"You sure don't act like it though..." Iruma mutters under his breath.

"What was that? If you have something else to say, just say it." I say, having already heard what he said with my heightened senses.

"Nothing!"

"That's what I thought."

At least our little 'sibling spat' seems to have taken Iruma's mind off of his worries. He appears to be in a much better mood now. We (finally) arrive at the main gate of the school. The walk there seemed to take forever. Over the years, I've gotten pretty accustomed to flying or instantly teleporting everywhere, unless it was just a short distance. All the tedious walking I just went through has put me in a sour mood. I then spot a familiar pink-haired 'pretty-boy' on the other side of the gate. He's scanning the crowd of students with his eyes, probably looking for somebody. It turns out that 'somebody' happens to be Iruma and myself. Once he notices us, he rushes up to us wearing a pleased expression.

"Good morning, Masters!"

"Hi, Asmodeus," I say flatly.

"H-hello...As-asmodeus." Iruma sputters out, clearly still a little nervous around this guy.