Chp 4

A/N I've been sick since I've started this so I'm writing these pretty quickly lol

No Ones Perspective

"She's just over protective." Venti shrugs. He wasn't wrong, nor ment it in a bad way, she just cares a lot for her son. "Whatever.." Xiao shrugs. "I'll go ask one of my dad's if we have one." Before Venti could say anything Xiao got up and left, closing the door behind him.

(He calls Zhongli "pops" or "papa" and Childe "dad")
"Hey pops, do we have a bandage for Venti to use to cover his nose? He wants one for it." Xiao asks Zhongli. Zhongli turns around to face his son. "Uh, yeah probably, but he should probably get it checked out. It looked broken." He states before getting up and going to where they keep the First-Ad-Kit. "Here. It won't help it heal though, does he know how bad it really is?" "Probably not, but it's not my problem." Xiao tries walking away but Zhongli stops him, grabbing his shoulder.

"You know, you should be nicer. I know you didn't like the idea of moving but you should still try and make friends. At the very least, pretend to care, it makes me sad seeing you like this." And with that he let go of Xiao's shoulder and let him go back to his room, where Venti was waiting with some papers out working on some work.

"Hey, got you your bandage." He tossed Venti the bandage. "My dad said it looks broken by the way." Venti looks at him and forces a smile. "I'll be fine, thanks!" Venti got up and was about to go out of the room, before stopping and looking at Xiao. "Um, where's the bathroom, unless you have a mirror in here."
"Yeah I have a mini one, here, just hurry up so we can get this project done."
"Yeah, yeahh"
He puts the bandage on his nose, hissing as it makes contact with his skin. He didn't realize how big the bruise was until he looked at it in the mirror. The bandage covered most of the bruise but you could still the the bruise from the side, making it look like heavy eye bags around his eyes. "Alright let's start this!" He looked over at Xiao, confident about the project. He usually passed them even with working by himself, so working with someone should make it go by much faster.

(I kinda suck at history so I'm gonna skip to where they are almost done)
"Alright so then-" Venti was talking but is interrupted by a knock on the door. Xiao mumbles a quick "come in" And Childe peeks his head through the door. "It's getting late, you guys want some Pizza?" He asks the two boys. "Yeah." Xiao says, Childe looks over at Venti to get his approval. "Oh, uh sure! I didn't even see the time!" He says looking at his phone, seeing it's already 7:30pm. With that Childe nods and closes the door, they could hear him talking to Zhongli telling him what to order.

"I'll probably need to get home soon. Let me tell my mom that I'll be coming home probably around 11 or so.." He tells Xiao while texting him mom, using Xiao's charger. Xiao gets up stretching a bit. "I'm gonna use the bathroom real quick, let's just take a break here and we'll continue after we eat pizza." He says not giving Venti the option to say anything back, leaving the room before he could.

Soon enough the Pizza came and the boys grabbed a few slices and brought them back in the room. Once they ate they worked on the project for another hour. They were so close to finishing, but Venti was having trouble just staying awake, slurring his words as he was trying to explain what he was talking about. "If you that tired just sleep, I don't care." He says not taking his eyes off the papers. "No.. no I'll be.. fine..." But soon enough he drifted to sleep.

Xiao sighed finishing the project by himself. It was 10 by then. They had managed to fill out 10 papers about the subject the teacher gave them. He was relieved and walked out the room, careful not to wake the sleeping boy, to tell his dads that he finished.

"Dad, Pops, we finished." He said as he walked to the living room, only to see Childe sleeping in the couch laying next to Zhongli watching some boring looking TV show. "Oh good! Should we take Venti home then?" "He's sleeping." Zhongli looked surprised to hear that. "Oh, so is he spending the night then?"

"Hell no." He looked disgusted. "No I think he should if he's sleeping already, I mean we have his mothers number now so we could just let her know." Xiao looked pretty annoyed right now, but he couldn't lie. He enjoyed the company, reminding him of the times he would hang out with his friends before he moved. Nothing happened to his friends, they still talked through social media, Childe just had to come here for his job which forced them too move.

"Fine whatever, I'm tired to I'm going to sleep." He said as he walked away. He walked back to his bedroom and saw that Venti is now laying in the floor, instead of sitting up like he was when he first fell asleep. He grabbed a hoodie and some sweatpants and walked back out of the room to the bathroom to get changed, then went to his bed and fell asleep.

After a few hours the house was finally silent, except from the snores from Childe still on the couch asleep. There was no TV and no walking, is was almost completely silent. Venti ended up waking and was immediately greeted with so much pain. Then he grabbed his phone, which was taken off the charger and replaced with Xiao's phone. He looked at the time and freaked out seeing it was 2:38, way past 11.

He decided he would explain to her tomorrow what happened And went out of the room and to the kitchen, in hopes of finding some pain killers. He attempted to be as quiet as he could, being Childe was right there and didn't want to wake him. But that plan failed when he had to jump on the counter to reach the cabinets and caused something to fall, making a loud noise. (Short People Problems)

Childe woke up and looked in the kitchen to see Venti putting the thing back on the counter. To Venti's surprise it was actually the painkillers, he just missed it and felt dumb afterwards. He didn't realize he woke up Childe until he heard him speak.

"Whatcha doin?" He asked walking over there sleepily. Venti jumped, frightened by the sudden voice. He looked over seeing he woke up Childe. "Oh uh.. just getting some painkillers.. ehe..." "Alright, just 2 pills, k? I'm gonna turn the lights on, 's that fine?" He said asking for permission. Venti nodded and soon their vision became flooded with the sudden light hitting their eyes. Soon enough they became adjusted. Childe went in the fridge to grab out a water bottle and gave it to Venti so he could swallow the pills.

"Hey could I take a look at that?" Childe asked pointing at his nose. "Uh, why?" Venti asked seriously. He was a stranger still and didn't know why he cared. "To see if it's broken obviously."
"Why do you care?"
"Um rude. Anyways your Xiao's friend, why wouldn't I care." Venti got shocked by this. "Actually he got pity paired with me since I usually don't have a partner. So I'm just here because of the project." He informed Childe. "Yeah well I don't care, he didn't offer to do it by himself. Anyways lemme just make sure your okay it looks pretty bad, I'm a bit concerned."

"I'm fine." Venti said, a bit annoyed, but eventually he caved and let him check it out, just so he would stop bugging him about it. "Yeah it's definitely broken, I'll call your mom about it." "Wait how do you have my- oh yeah.. Also don't bother her about it please, she's busy as it is, I don't want to bug her about something that'll heal quickly." "It'll only heal quickly is you get the right medical care. If she cares for you then she won't get mad, she'll give you the care you need." Venti looked down a bit ashamed he didn't think about it like that. ".. alright. I'm going back to sleep then.." and Childe told him goodnight and he went back to Xiao's room. The pain subsiding just a bit. He looked at Xiao sleeping is some weird position and laughed a bit. He then laid down where he was, it was uncomfortable but it didn't bother him, and he eventually fell asleep.

A/N sorry if it seems I'm rushing this a bit. Also look at these stand things I made!

 Also look at these stand things I made!

I'm so happy how they came out lol

Published: December 6
Word-Count: 1535