40

IRL

Harry was at Kings Cross Station. He was saying goodbye to his godfather before he had to return to school.

"And you promise you'll keep me posted on this whole girlfriend thing?" Sirius grinned.

"She's not my girlfriend but, sure" Harry replied.

"And I just got a phone so here's my number" Sirius said, his voice laced with child-like excitement.

"Won't the ministry be able to track you?"

"Uhh... I dunno, maybe? Moony said it was fine so I'm trusting him"

"Alright, well bye then"

"Goodbye" Sirius pulled his godson into a tight hug.

And in that moment, they both were imagining the same person in the other end of that hug.

Sirius transformed into his dog form and followed Harry to the platform.

While waiting to board the train, Harry found himself looking around for a certain girl he had yet to come up with the nerve to contact.

But he couldn't seem to locate her and the train would be leaving soon.

He followed his friends onto the train and waved goodbye to everyone who had escorted them to the station.

"So where should we sit?"

"Um... actually Harry, Ron and I have to go to the prefects compartment" Hermione informed him.

"Oh" Harry nodded.

"We'll come find you as soon as we can" Ron spoke.

"Yeah alright, bye"

Hermione and Ron then left Harry alone to find a compartment.

Well, not completely alone.

"Oh fine, follow me" Ginny grumbled and began walking to get a compartment.

"Here" she announced and peeked her head inside a compartment.

Inside, Luna Lovegood and Neville Longbottom were seated.

"Hello Ginny" Luna said brightly.

"Hi Luna, is it alright if we sit?"

"Yes of course"

Both Harry and Ginny sat down, but Harry didn't engage in the conversation too much. He merely sat, and overthought things. Something he had been doing much more often now.

After awhile, a familiar 'blonde' poked his head inside.

"Aah Potter" he spat the name like acid on his tongue, "where's the girlfriend?"

"What?" Harry asked, not in the mood.

"Y'know, Diggory, oh that's right she isn't here"