U N C A R I N G

I heard a clock ticking, tic, tic, tic, tic

I heard a clock ticking, tic, tic, tic, tic. My eyes flutter open meeting a white ceiling, my head was pulsing with so much pain, my fingers slowly traveled up to the pain trying to comfort it a little. I sat up only to realize I was in my old room, everything came rushing back to me, the bunny mask, the fire, Nate's wife and my trauma also resurfaced. I kicked the blanket off of me before standing up, my legs were sore from all the running I did yesterday.

I walked over to the closet where all my old dresses sat at, I skimmed my fingers over the dress I wore when I first realized how much of a monster Nathaniel is. The blood stains weren't there anymore, someone must've washed it. I was so innocent of the world back then, so naive and stupid in love with a person who didn't even give me half of himself. I glanced at myself in the mirror that was sitting towards my far right, I had dried up blood around my forehead where that bitch knocked me out and overall I looked horrible.

I grab the door handle while breathing in and out, when I opened it I heard a few different voices coming from downstairs. I needed to find Aziel and get the hell out of here, every step I took downstairs was quiet. Everything looked so different, before it was a home with a man's touch to it but now it's a home with a woman's touch, his wife's touch.

When I heard his voice it was like my body had a mind of it's own and I stepped inside the kitchen without a care in the world, the oxygen that was flowing through my body so freely suddenly stopped when I saw the only man I've ever loved. His eyes met mine immediately like they were drawn to mine. He looks so different, he looks stronger mentally and physically, there was no trace of his trauma showing in his eyes like it used to. I spotted the tattoo against his neck, the grim reaper that was embedded inside his skin.

His eyes remained on my face not once did he glance down at my body, looking at him right now made me realize just how much I actually missed him. My eyes traveled down to his hands, he balled them up in a fist causing his knuckles to turn white.

With all the staring I'm doing I didn't even notice that there were other people around us, my shoulders tense up when everyone's eyes settled on me.

"Why did you bring me back here?" My voice cracked from the lack of hydration, my trauma was currently eating me alive.

His jaw clenched as soon as he heard my voice, my heart started beating so hard against my chest that I was afraid it might jump out.

"Leave us." Nathaniel tells everyone around him, his fingers touched the table as he leaned over it.

All his men quietly exited the room leaving us to be alone with each other, I just can't believe that after a whole year I'm standing right in front of him. He's like a ghost from my past, the only thing that truly haunts at night. We both stood in silence for a couple seconds, it's like he was trying to brainstorm what to say to me as I tried to calm myself down enough to answer him.