XXII

After what seems to be the most awkward dinner you've ever had with the Sano family - you still can't believe you've been working for Shinichiro's grandfather for more than a month now -, your cousin and the rest of the Black Dragon founders - Keisuke, unfortunately, had to go home with his mother and did not get the chance to interrogate Shinichiro with the rest of the boys - the two of you finally had some alone time to which he had officially asked you out on a date.

"Since tomorrow's a Saturday, do you wanna... go on a date? With me? I promise you'll enjoy it." Shinichiro asks, his hand running through his hair while he tries his best to make eye contact only for his face to explode in different shades of red everytime your eyes meet.

It's adorable.

After all the chaos that happened in only a few hours, being with Shinichiro, all alone by their garden, feels really soothing. A bubbly feeling grows in your chest as you continue to watch Shinichiro under the moonlight. His skin glistening under the silver light which only makes him look even more handsome. It also makes his dark eyes stand out more, showcasing just how lovely it is.

With only the moonlight illuminating the garden, you don't notice certain people watching from the door of the house, ears stretched as far as possible in order to hear what the two of you are talking about.

"Of course, I'll be glad to go on a date with you, Shinichiro." You confess, eyes unconsciously closing with how wide your grin has become, not at all realizing how the wind had picked up which makes you unintentionally shiver. You're just too preoccupied with the look of happiness on Shinichiro's face when you answer him. Enjoying the way his eyes sparkle even more, if that was even possible, as he jumps in front of you.

A giggle escapes you when he almost trips on his own feet, arms flailing around as he balances himself. Laughing along at his own mistake, he finally starts to calm down beside you, arm brushing against yours as he looks down on you. "I'm really happy that you're giving me a chance, Y/N. I promise. I promise that I won't make you regret ever giving me this chance."

"You're making me regret giving you this chance with how much you bring it up, Shinichiro." You were only teasing him but the way his eyes widened so fast, head whipping to the side in order to look you straight in the eyes as he sputtered out apologies makes you laugh out loud.

"I'm joking! Shinichiro, chill out! I was just teasing."

After making sure that you were just joking, a big sigh of relief leaves his lips, body sagging a little as he gives you a side-eye. "Don't play with me too much... please... I don't think I can handle it if it's coming from you."

Suppressing a smile, you bring your hand to his face, freezing fingers pinching his heated cheek as you mutter an apology though you're cut off when Shinichiro lightly takes a hold of your wrist, thumb caressing the back of your hand before he puts it back to your side as he faces you.

"Sorry, I didn't realize sooner."

Before you can answer, Shinichiro's jacket gets draped over your shoulders, his hands securing the heavy jacket around your figure as he offers you a small smile.

"Oh no, it's okay, Shinichiro. I'm about to go home anyways, no need for your jacket-"

"No, I'm sorry for not realizing my feelings sooner. It would've saved us so much more time if I had known. We wouldn't have had to skirt around each other for so long." Hesitantly, Shinichiro takes your hands in his and brings it up to his face as he lightly starts blowing on them, warming up your freezing fingers as the wind becomes stronger.