Chapter 10: ROSEY

Pets ran right and left, my eyes briskly following their figures that ran past my right and left.

I turn around, panting with difficulty.

It was horrifying to know there is Vampires chasing after us, and with nothing to protect ourselves with, it just caused us to slip into a frenzy of panic and paralyzing fear.

I sprint for a room and pushed through the doors, my eyes wildly snapping around to see if it could be a good hiding spot.

I walk over to a man pillar and stole the thick metal pole that it held, running back to the door and slipping it behind the handles.

It could hold them off...for the time being.

I search through the room for a weapon—anything really to protect myself from them.

I hurriedly searched through drawers and felt the frustration build up with each passing second of not finding anything.

My breath quivers, as I ran my fingers through my hair before hugging my arms for comfort.

I pace back and forth, nibbling on my nail and thinked.

Weaknesses. What is their weaknesses?

A stake? Holy water? A cross crafted of wood?

My breath was stolen from me when I heard the screams outside, my utmost terror wiping any color from my face as my blood chilled.

Terror throbbed my heart achingly in my chest, so much that I felt my pulse throbbing below my skin. It was too much.

I quickly scan through the place and paced towards the small closet that stood at the near end of the room.

I open it and found clothes hanging and before I knew it, I was hiding in the closet with the door closed and trying to restrain my breathes to become labored.

I stare wide-eyed through the small holes and squinted when the sun's glare pooled into the closet, lightening my face.

Even with this atrociousness event going on so quickly, there was still this burning hope that Master cared if I was still alive and would search for me, even if the Lord said no one was allowed to pick their pets again.

Even if they could've, I don't think they would. Wouldn't that be boring for their predatory flank?

Pushing myself fully against the corner of the closet, I rest my head against the headboard and sighed.

For now, I felt save in this closet. But I knew, with their heightened senses to smell emotion and hear things, they could easily point out where you were hiding.

I blink hard, realizing the stickiness on my cheeks.

I wipe my cheek and rubbed my index finger against my thumb to feel the clamminess.

I never liked crying, but with our lives that only played one role—to be fed of, there isn't much a pet can do but express her pain, anger and frustration through tears when she was in tremendous pain.

I swipe my index fingers below my lids to wipe the irritation away that kept sticking my lashes together when I blinked.

My breath shook when it howled past my lips.

There was only one wish I desired most to come true and that was to be free—which would never be a surprise to other pets because I know it was what they desired as well.

Vampires probably already guessed it because they know no one would want to live as a pet. They knew it was torture, but they didn't care as long as they were the ones casting the pain and the torment.