Six | Punch

Visena just wanted to rest her eyes. But the bed was soft, and her brain switched off the moment her body hit the mattress.

She awoke to the sounds of sparring and a starving sensation. After running downstairs to eat, the Fae poked her head outside to see everyone. She was shocked to see what had to be the entire pack training. Even small children tumbled and sparred in the leaves of the forest's edge.

Every white pebbled square was in use, and there were still wolves waiting for their match. The left quadrant was purely wolves, while the right was fighting in human form.

"Wow," she breathed. Every single pack member she saw was breathtaking. Bodies lithe and muscular, agile and calculating. 

They looked so powerful as they glistened with sweat. Her eyes cast along the rows when she spotted Prim. Her fiery locks were expertly braided. Blood dripped from her hairline and down her cheeks. She looked like a warrior, Visena thought. Prim was circling a dark-haired male with a spattering of fresh bruises lining his bareback.

"Damn." After closer inspection, she realised it was Orion. They didn't go easy on each other despite being a couple.

Further along, Eve had Jed in a headlock, and he looked about ready to tap out when he flipped her over his shoulder. She rolled and popped up so quickly she was almost a blur. Visena walked down the steps quietly to avoid pack attention when she tripped on a flower pot hidden by the bottom step. 

It spilt over and cracked in half, much to her panic. Visena skinned her knees from the gravel, and half a dozen strangers came to her rescue. A short growl led them all to retreat as a familiar pair of hands appeared beneath her lowered eyes. 

Visena's knees weren't sore at all. Instead, she felt more sorry for the broken pot. However, getting attention from a man created by the gods didn't hurt. Gideon was a steady surface as she pulled herself to standing. Shaking off the dirt from her scabbing knees, Visena looked up at him with appreciation.

 "Sorry about the pot." She cringed. He looked surprised she even mentioned it, seeming more concerned by the blood down her shins. "It's fine, Gideon. They're healing already..."

Her gaze dropped from his furrowed brow to his chiselled torso. She realised he had just come from sparring too. His body shone under the morning sun. Like dewdrops on a cold morning, his sweat rolled lazily between the peaks and valleys of his abdomen.

 She swallowed before lifting her gaze. She saw many sets of eyes watching the interaction in her periphery. After an awkward throat-clearing, she strolled off, unlinking her fingers from Gideon's. To her disappointment, he didn't follow. At least physically. She could, however, feel him watching her walk away

Nice.

From her left, she saw Liam heading over with a suave smile. "What's up, little Fae? Come to see some action?"

"Not from you, " she countered playfully, continuing on her way with a smirk. She wondered if Gideon would be pleased by the encounter, and it made her feel warm.

Prim and Orion were just finishing up as she walked to her square. The blood had dried, and the wounds were long healed. She still looked badass, though. "Who won?"

"Me!" Both called at the same time. The scowl Orion and Prim shared made Visena chuckle. His bruises had also healed, she noted as he put a shirt over his drenched trunk. Both women winced. That couldn't feel good.

"Can I have a go?" Visena was fascinated by the way their bodies moved around the squares. Even in a human body, they moved like animals. 

They were watching, stalking, and reading their prey. She wondered how much training would she need to be as skilled as them.

She was certain Gideon would teach her. He could probably teach her lots of things. Her thoughts started spiralling to places she knew they shouldn't. She discreetly squeezed her thighs together as she felt unfamiliar dampness.

Prim's reply drew her from her thoughts. "What would you like to learn?"

Visena squinted as she looked through the throng of wolves. Two shirtless men drew her attention as they threw punches almost faster than she could see. They were evenly matched, blocking and parrying with inhuman efficiency. "Parry." She finally answered Prim.

"Okay, come inside the square." Prim gently tugged her hand, and she followed eagerly, removing her jumper and shirt leaving her in a black sports bra.

"So parrying is about transferring momentum. You don't want to get punched, but blocking won't work well for you because you will be fighting bigger and better fighters. The faster you dodge, the quicker you can land a few jabs and counters, right?" 

Visena nodded with enthusiasm despite not hearing what Prim was saying. Instead, her attention kept drifting to the olive eyes watching her closely from across the yard.

"When I punch towards your face, you are going to push my hand down. Not too hard because you want to keep your face guarded. If I punch toward your body, you are going to push my hand to the side or over your shoulder..." Prim trailed off with a huff. "Let's just play around and figure it out as we go. I'm not the best teacher."

"Don't be silly." Visena patted her shoulder gently. "I just suck at listening. But I have a good feeling about this. So let's do it."

They warmed up first then circled each other. "I'll aim for the face first." Her punches were so slow. 

Visena parried them easily with a frown. "You are treating me like a baby."

Prim's eyes widened, "I don't want to hurt you, Vi."

She groaned and raised her guard again. "Fine. let's keep going..." Her fingers clenched in anticipation and her body felt like a coiled spring. The slow training jabs and crosses were boring her. She needed a real challenge. 

They finished the round, panting slightly when Eve and Jed stopped by. "Can I have a round with you, Eve?" Visena knew her new opponent wouldn't hold back.

Eve looked interested, "What do you want to learn?"

She shook her head, "I want you to punch me." Confusion crossed Eve's features.

"What?"

"Punch me. For real." 

...

Thanks for reading lovelies <3

Mwahh xxx