chappie sixteen: unexpected

—

"Keep the change, dearie."

"Thank you for ordering. Please enjoy your product and have a nice day." Yona bowed, a grateful expression worn on her features. After walking a good distance, a visible breath of air escaped her lips as did the smile. Her tired eyes focused on the view above her.

Fog created an eerie vibe. It's what made any scene from television look so mysterious or creepy, but it was also aesthetically pleasing. The breeze along with it was what made some want to curl up by a fire.

Yona tugged the scarf around her neck to her lips. She didn't particularly dislike the cold. It was better than having to endure the blazing sun, but she'd rather the breeze from the comfort of inside her home. Unfortunately, her mother was ill and couldn't deliver any of the orders of hair clips to her generous clients. Her father was busy taking care of the frail woman and that left Yona to do the job.

That, and those generous customers promised a generous tip which her mother allowed her to have since she were doing this for her.

The second to last house she had to go was ...

Kuboyasu? She's heard the name from school. It belonged to the new student who she was briefly introduced to with Toritsuka. Yona's face dulled at the first impression her odd friend gave, introducing himself only to ask about girls, thus forcing Yona to share the embarrassing moment. It wasn't so bad as the order was for his mother and Yona would be seeing her and not the son.

Arriving at the Kuboyasu residence, Yona took a deep breath. She tried her best to hold a friendly smile, thinking of how Teruhashi presented one every day. She reached out to ring the doorbell and held the delicately packaged order in her hands, awaiting its owner.

Oh wait, life didn't go Yona's way.

"I got it mom!" Someone's husky voice yelled from behind the front door. Before the (color) haired delivery girl could piece who it was, the door swung open. The person answering was a tall young male with a scowl on his ruggedly handsome face. Purple eyes narrowed, but soon softened at the sight of his new yet familiar peer. His throat bobbed as he took in the girl in front of him, pink dusting along his cheeks. "Uh, hi?"

To her dismay, his eyes widened and he cleared his throat, "Wait, aren't you that girl that's friends with that one perverted scumbag?"

A swarm of moths huddled together in a storm or at least that's what Yona felt in her stomach to make her feel sick. She bit the inside of her cheek, dismissing the feelings stirring within her. Embarrassment latched itself onto her being. She nodded at the statement.

"Sorry-"

"Is that my order?" A woman's voice echoed through Yona's ears, making her flinch.

Kuboyasu sighed in annoyance. He rolled his eyes, which were not covered by glasses now that Yona realized. His hand went to his pocket before pulling out a couple of bills, handing them to her. An apologetic smile crossed his face as she brushed her fingers against his to accept the money from him.