chapter 77

On the way back home, Song Qinghan and Wu Dahu greeted Qin Aye, Laifu, Qian Baozi and others one by one. They got a lot blessings from these friends.

When they back home, they commenced packing up everything they need for relocating, and also, cut a piece of monk fruit vines and collected some seeds of pepper, cumin and star anise. They did so just in case that they couldn’t even find these plants in that provincial capital.

After packing everything up, Wu Dahu headed to the town alone. He went there to inform every butcher who was in the cooperative relationship with him the fact that he was leaving this place. And also, he brought the last batch of seasonings for them.

Although the butchers were all with an expression of half convince and half suspicion, they still showed a great interest to buy the spices and seasonings in panic. Anyway, at least storing them wouldn’t be something bad. The more, the better.

After that, Wu Dahu went directly to Huichun Shop. Just at the moment Wu Dahu reached the shop, Doctor Luo came out and was ready to go out for a domestic consultation. Wu Dahu rushed over and then pointed the position where the monk fruits were found, while also informing Doctor Luo that they would leave this place very soon.

Informing Doctor Luo the right position of the plants was a decision made by them prudently. After all, the monk fruit was quite different from those seasonings, it was a material which was used for medical treatments. And in the meanwhile, Doctor Luo gave highly complimentary remarks to it. If their leaving caused the out-of-stock situation of the fruits, they would be so much guilty even though Doctor Luo might say nothing about it.

In addition, they fully trusted Doctor Luo that he wouldn’t reveal the secret of processing. Without the processing method, other people couldn’t even make them into dried one for long-term preservation.

Dr. Luo accepted their kindness and then he delivered Wu Dahu a wooden tablet with the word “春” (Chun: Spring) engraved on it. At the first glimpse of it, it seemed to be something vintage from the old age.

He didn’t say anything else while handing over the tablet, but just informed Wu Dahu that wherever they went, as long as they showed the other branch shops of Huichun Shop the tablet nationwide, they could be treated as guests of nobleness.

Wu Dahu pondered for a moment, but still took over the wooden tablet.

Even though Song Qinghan knew a lot about medicine, he was still an ordinary person without a power of omnipotence, he might encounter some troubles either in the future. At that time, the Huichun Shop, which had long enjoyed a good reputation, would be the right-hand patron for him. It is always a good idea to repair the house before it rains.

After getting out from Huichun Shop, Wu Dahu hired a carriage and rushed home.

Their luggage didn’t seem to be much, but when they put them all onto the carriage, they occupied almost half of the space on it. Fortunately, the carriage Wu Dahu hired was the biggest one within the market. The space left by the goods was quite enough to accommodate Song Qinghan, Yuan Wenxuan and their Little Shitou. It would be crowded if Wu Dahu squeezed in too.

However, he didn’t intend to sit in the carriage at all, but just chose to sit next to the carter outside on the wooden driver’s seat. He sat side by side with the carter, though the bitterly cold wind was piercing his face, he still felt much joyous.

Speaking of the provincial capital, it would be exaggerate to describe it a far-away place. But it would be overstated either to describe it a nearby one while it took a long way to go.

Being informed by the carter, Song Qinghan came to know that if they kept this pace until they reached the provincial capital, it would cost them at least three days of hurrying on with their journey excluding the night time when they slept.