Chapter 22 - [A Delightful Meal]

Shiina Hiyori POV.

My time here at School had Been Pretty Normal................... That of course, if we exclude the Special Exam that happened during Summer Vacation...

It was like a story arc from a Psychology Novel. Everything was bound to be hard, Scary or Confusing.  Unless you follow the Protagonist's Point of View.

And those times were definitely that...

I was Tasked to be A Leader, while invading an enemy camp. Having one role in itself is quite taxing. So having two took a toll on my mind.

And thats not even mentioning the part when I would Lie to my One and Only Friend at this School.

Namely, Ayanokōji Kiyotaka-kun

We were in Separate Classes. I knew that. But it still haunted me to my sleep.

It's like Forcing oneself to Kill another person. Lest your Family Dies.

You couldn't help it. You didn't have a Choice. But the fact that you took someones life would still give you Nightmares.

.......well, I have to admit that the example I'm using is exaggerated to the utmost degree...

Maybe Reading all this Books', finnaly affecting me....

But my point is: It was still a Scary Experience. Doing something you had no choice but to do. But may lead to you, losing your One and Only Friend.

And as if that wasn't enough. The Island we were Staying on, Burned.

It happened in the Middle of the Night, which would be the time when all of us Students were asleep. So the moment the Teachers noticed. We were Frantically Ordered to Evacuate.

I can still vividly remember the exact Details on how that Evacuation Happened.

We were woken up. Confusion Arose. But the moment we saw the Blazing fiery Hell, Closing in on us us was when we Finnaly Understood.

All of the People in Class D — the Class I was Spying on — broke into a Panic.

The Panic only deescalated when the acting Leader of the Class, Horikita-san, appeared and Calmed them down along with Hirata Kun and Kushida-san

They Calmed down. It was a good thing. But I, and a Certain student I came to now Know as Matsushita Chiaki-san, were still Panicking our minds out.

My reason was Simple: Kiyotaka-kun wasn't to be seen.

Adding this worry, to my already fatigued mind, Wasn't exactly healthy. But I couldn't help it.

That worry Was only dissipated when The Brown Haired Boy I was Looking for, appeared out of Nowhere near the Girl I previously mentioned, as if everything was okay.

After that, we Evacuated to the Beach we disembarked on, waiting for more Instructions

It was already obvious that we would Cancel the exam to ensure our Safety. But coincidentally, it rained.

A Heavy Rained Conveniently Fell, as if everything was only a Play. Planned out from the start, to entertain the Viewers.

Our Exam Continued on, and the Score was announced. At this point, my mind was completely filled with things I couldn't understand, I didn't even have the energy to Think why we Lost.

The School reassured us that they'll investigate what Caused the Fire. But Until now, nothing really came from that topic anymore.

Everyone was returned to the Ship, and So, our Summer Vacation Ended