I argue with her?

Vedant Dixit

"Dude, the girl has one hell of a temper."
Samar said getting in the driving seat.

"I know. But it was your fault too." I said putting my seatbelt on.

"Are you my friend or hers? Stop defending her." He whined.

"I am not defending her. I know she over-reacts but you were at fault too. Just accept it." I said and started checking my mails.

"Whatever." He said and one specific message caught my attention.
I opened the picture and it was a wedding invitation.

Kavya Singhania weds Arhaan Khurrana.

I just chuckled humourlessly.

Well, she is finally going to have her dream wedding. It is just not going to be with me.

"Hey! What is it? You seem lost." Samar asked.

"I have a wedding invitation." I said and he looked at me confused.

"Kavya's." I said and he clenched his jaw.

"That bit— he started but stopped when I glared at him.

"I've told you numerous times not to call her that. No matter whatever happened she still means something to me. Even if it is a friend." I said to him and he glared at me.

"You just can't see her true colours. She was never the one for you. A friend? Does she care about your feelings Vedant? She doesn't. Stop being so nice to her." He yelled at me.

"Let's drop it." I said and he focused on driving again. I just kept my head on the headrest and went back to the day when she left me.

Flashback

"We can't continue this Ved." She said holding my hand.

"What's wrong, Kavya?" I asked tensed.

"You know I belong to Singhanias! Singhanias is a brand. My parents just straight away denied me after I told them about us." She said.

"But what is the problem? I have my own company. It is not like I am not earning enough." I said confused.

"You don't understand. I know you own your own company but Dad wants me to get married to someone who would give me the same lifestyle he does." She said.

"Kavya, I'll give you the same lifestyle. Obviously, you'll have everything you want. I don't understand how your dad is concerned about it." I said.

"You have your own company, I know. But you know that as compared to us you have nothing. My dad can buy your company in a flick of his fingers. You handle your Dad's business too which was flourishing at particular period of time but now it is just going downhill since a few years." She said.

And I just closed my eyes trying to control my anger.

Did she just insult my company?

"You can tell your Dad to find someone as rich as you. Go ahead." I said leaving her hand.

"Ved, I didn't mean to insult you." She said again holding my hand.

"You didn't just insult me. You've insulted my efforts and my father. I won't tolerate anyone insulting him. I am trying to convince the Board for giving me the CEO's position. And knowing it you still went ahead and insulted all my efforts." I said again keeping her hand aside.