51

Sampoorna wanted to talk to Bondita. Wanted to know if she was ok but didn't get a chance. She had gone to her room last night but she was with Aniruddh. The Sampoorna that she had become would have been worried about it but the old Sampoorna, the real one shed a happy tear or two on seeing her sister blissfully asleep in the arms of her husband.
Finally...
She covered them both, it was a cold night, and had switched the lights off before she went away praying she soon got a chance to talk to her sister. She had so much to apologise for.

She saw Aniruddh entre the drawing room approaching jethji with determined steps.

" I am going to Krishnanagar." He informed and was about to turn when Trilochan stood up.

" Why beta ?" His Kaka asked trying to sound polite.

" To...meet Sumati maa. And tell her that..." Aniruddh didn't want to finish the sentence. Sumati maa didn't deserve to know that her only daughter lost her very first baby over a telephone conversation.

" Let me come with you..." His Kaka requested hopefully.

" No need. " Aniruddh was again stopped from turning away.

" Beta... Please. You are her child. I am her Samdhi. I need to go to properly give her the sad news. There should be an elder of the house. She...she deserves to know this respectfully...with an apology..." Trilochan ment it. He needed to start giving her the honour she deserved for giving her daughter to this haveli.

Aniruddh thought about it and let his Kaka accompany him. It was for Sumati maa. They reached Das haveli but did not enter. Tapur saw them and came running.

" Jamai Babu...!!!" She said excitedly " you are here...!!"

" Yes Tapur..." Aniruddh replied with a smile and a heavy heart. He had not come with a good news. Her innocent smile saddened him even more.

" Namashkar Kakaji..."

Trilochan smiled a little awkwardly.

"Please do come in..." She moved aside and gesture with her hand.

" Beta...can you just call Sumati ji and your... Thakuma outside...?" Trilochan and Aniruddh looked at each other, with an understanding. "We are in a hurry, can't stay." Trilochan added politely.

Tapur looked confused but yet ran inside to call them.

Aniruddh saw Sumati coming in a hurry. There was a jar in her hands. Thakuma followed behind not looking bothered at all.

" Jamai Babu...! You didn't come in side...?"

" Namashkar Maa..." Aniruddh touched her feet.

" Why don't you come inside Zamindar Babu ?" It was Thakuma. " Don't be scared. We won't treat you like you treated us. You are Jamai Babu's Kaka after all." She looked at Aniruddh " and Jamai Babu is bhagwan for us." She knew Aniruddh hated talks like this.
He ignored her

" Maa..."

" Bondita..." Sumati couldn't control herself. " How is Bondita ? She is ok right...?" She held the jar for him " I know she is not eating too well. I have made some ladoo. Nothing much, just for strength. You should have them too. She told me you are not taking care of yourself. These are for both of you. I will make more so eat to your fill." She looked so hopeful standing there with the jar, hope that her daughter was ok after the condition she last saw her in.

" Maa...she is fine..." He could not look at her. He still had not taken the jar. Sumati noticed it.

" Oh... look at me. Silly. It's just...Tapur told me you were in a hurry so I just came running. Why don't you come in Jamai Babu...?"