Ride

Frustration. Quite possibly one of the worst emotions any one person could experience, as all it led to was stress. A strong contrast to your earlier blissful mood hearing the news your favorite college was accepting you in the spring, and an unwelcome one at that. The breezy November air in Houston made you wish you'd opted for more than a flimsy hoodie, especially since the weatherman had forecast the temperature would drop even lower come nightfall. That was not your main focus, anyway, as you cared about little else besides the man who'd come to be practically your mortal enemy. Every Wednesday evening, it was like a routine face-off and he was absolutely a hundred percent the instigator. Lee and Joe Jamail Skate Park was an expansive, and very impressive urban setting for aspiring skateboarders and well known in the city. It was where anyone with a set of wheels came to show off their tricks. Ollies, benihanas, kickflips; nothing felt out of bounds for the daredevils who stepped foot on the ramps. It would be more than plausible that with how much land the area covered, people wouldn't be so greedy - and yet every week he arose the same issue. You and your friends had a designated spot and never really strayed from the routine evening time.

The sun was gradually descending on the horizon, painting the breadth of his cheekbone shades of magenta, violet and tangerine. Onyx beanie pulled over his fluffy hazel locks, a matching t-shirt flawlessly fit to his athletic frame. Entirety of his muscled arms donning tattoo sleeves, frayed jeans baring his knees and a pair of Vans sitting comfortably on his feet. Malachai Parker, or to those who knew him personally, Kai. A bit of a legend on these streets for doing the most impossible moves with ease, pretty much everyone let him do whatever he wanted all of the time. So much power had essentially made him into a tyrant who believed anyone would bend to his whim. Of course, you posing as a challenge was not much else but a game to him and he'd be damned if he didn't make you into a pawn like all the rest who'd already fell in line. Hellbent on your destruction; almost obsessed with making it certain.

"I don't know how many times we're gonna have this useless argument, Kai," you sigh in a mocking tone, crossing your arms with your team at the helm watching from behind as you approach. "This is our turf, it has been forever. You don't need to act like it's life or death if you don't have it."

"Do you hear this bitch?" Kai snickers to his own buddies, taking a long drag of his Marlboro and then carelessly exhaling into your face. "This is our turf. What are you, five? You don't own a single inch of this goddamn park, so I'm trying to figure out exactly where you're getting the balls to speak to me in such a manner." There's a mischievous, tormenting sneer on his face as he stands there, prideful and refusing to back down to your demands. An elixir of cigarette smoke and woodsy cologne wafts into the air the closer he draws.

"Maybe I'm getting them from directly inside your pants, since it appears you have none." If he wants to be a child, then you'll have to stand your ground. All day, all night, it didn't matter. You would not allow him another win, because he needed a wake up call. To come back down to earth and realize that the universe didn't revolve around him, and that sometimes the needs of others were more important. "Just let us do our thing for a half hour and then it's all yours."

"Careful there, sweetheart, you talking about my balls kinda makes me think you're into me." The amused brunette lingers close enough that you can feel his warm breath on your ear as he quiets his voice to a whisper. "Maybe that's why you're so determined to hunt me down every time. You yell, but somewhere buried below the surface you're thinking about how much you wish I'd force you onto your knees and make you-"

"You're a sick piece of shit," you growl, pushing him aggressively which only making his crowd go wild. Atrocious it is that he could suggest you have any other feelings but disgust, and it haunts you to your very core. Nevertheless, past vile retorts and his goal of public humiliation, he is inexplicably alluring. The fact that even a shred of attraction exists causes your stomach to churn, but you will not allow him to see you break under pressure. "Not even in your wettest dream."