Carelly High

Hi guys!!! Just letting you know that this is my first story ever, and I'm really grateful you're taking the time to read the words I just wrote. I appreciate it, and I would appreciate it even more if you could leave a comment on how you liked it! Thanks!!

Chapter 2: Carelly High

The next morning I was awoken by the sunlight streaming into my room. I blinked a couple of times waiting for my brain to start working again. When it did, a wave of alarm rolled through my body.

Sunlight? That couldn't be. I had set my alarm for 6.45 a.m and the sun is only supposed to rise at 7.00 a.m. I was or incredibly late, or the sun had decided to wake up sooner. A quick glance at my clock confirmed my fears. I was late, and not just a little.

My alarm showed that it was 7.47 a.m, which meant that I had about 13 minutes to get dressed, have breakfast, and get to school.

I didn't waste any time. I threw on some washed out jeans and a grey plaid shirt that according to my mom matched my eyes. I then jammed a hat on to my head, so that I didn't have to deal with my brown curly hair. I tried brushing my teeth while I pulled on a pair of sneakers, but after losing my balance and landing on my butt I decided to not multi-task.

In a record time I was downstairs and whom did I find in the kitchen drinking his coffee? My dad!

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked hurriedly while I looked for some food in the fridge.

"Where would the fun in that be?" He answered with an amused look on his face.

"Glad I can make you laugh this early in the morning." I muttered while grabbing my bag and my breakfast.

"Well so that you'll forgive me, I will drive you to school today."

"You don't really have a choice dad, since I don't even know where it is."

"Good point. Lets get going then."

He didn't have to tell me twice. I jumped into the passenger seat of his BMW as fast as I could and waited impatiently for him to get in to. When he finally did I asked him:

"How far is the school?"

"About 10 minutes probably if we don't get lost." He said winking at me.

"Do you realize that school starts in 10 minutes?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Then why are you so calm!"

"Because being late isn't the end of the world. You're new, and you can just say you lost your way or some other lame excuse."

"You do know you're the father and I'm the son. Right?"

My dad just laughed and I started eating breakfast. The food I had grabbed from the fridge was actually a cucumber and a tomato. I didn't mind too much, because I actually love vegetables, but I wouldn't have minded having some cereal.

As I was finishing my cucumber, my dad parked the car in front of a building on which was written: "Carelly High."

I got out of the car and thanked my dad for the ride. His only answer was:

"Anything for you! And don't forget to spread the love!"

I cringed when I heard that and quickly glanced around to see if anyone heard. Of course nobody did, because they were all inside the school for their first class. I might seem paranoid, but I have learned to be better safe then sorry when it comes to the cupid related subjects. I quickly waved to my dad, and hurriedly made my way through the doors of my new school.

Luckily, I found the reception immediately, and the woman at the desk didn't make any remarks about the fact that I was already 5 minutes late. I sensed that she was occupied with other things. I read her feelings and I could mostly feel worry. Worry that her boyfriend didn't really love her.

There wasn't much I could do to help at the moment, so I put her on my mental to help list. She quickly gave me my schedule and told me which way my class was. I thanked her warmly and gave her a big smile. I ran out of the office, zig zagged through the hallway and didn't slow down till I got to class.

I skidded to a halt in front of room 254. I checked my schedule: Economy, class 254, Mr. Grandert. This was my stop.

I knocked on the door and before anyone could answer, I turned the handle and walked in. The minute I did, I felt 20 eyes shift from wherever they were looking, onto me. An urge to push my hat further down my face came over me, but I resisted and instead focused on what the man in front of me was asking.

"Good morning. Welcome to economy class. What's your name?"

"Hi. I'm Will Daron. I'm a new student."

"Well at least we've got something in common, because I am a new teacher here. I'm Mr. Grandert. Just grab a seat somewhere. You didn't miss much. I was just asking everybody to present themselves. Oh and please take off your hat."

I reluctantly did as I was told, and stuffed my hat in my bag.

He seemed really friendly and his smile made me feel at ease. I did as he suggested and sat down next to a blond guy with a lot of muscles. I quickly glanced down to my arms but all I could see were two stick like arms poking out of my t-shirt. The guy gave me a welcoming smile, and turned his attention back to the student presenting himself.

The class passed by quickly and by the end of it I had learned the name of the guy I was sitting next to. Lance. We didn't talk much during Economy, but when the bell range he said:

"Hey dude. What class do you have now?"

I glanced at the schedule that had been given to me.

"English with Mrs. Rosensteen." I replied.

"Oh, well I have Spanish now, but come and sit with us at lunch. Ok?"

"Sure thing! Could you just tell me which way English is?"

He looked around and asked loudly a guy slightly smaller then me:

"Calvin! What do you have now?"

"English." Calvin answered.

"Do you mind showing Will which way that is?" Lance asked for me.

"No prob. Just follow me, man."

I hurriedly thanked Lance and went after Calvin. He was really fast and it was hard to keep up with him.

When I finally did catch up with him he asked:

"So you're new?"

"Yeah, I moved here from Michigan."

"Cool ,man. You like it here?"

"Can't really say, since I only arrived yesterday, but Tampa hasn't treated me badly yet."

"Well that's all you can ask for buddy."

He stopped in front of a door and said:

"Well here we are. English class with Mrs. Rosenstein. I hope you're not bubbling over with excitement for this class, because you'll be disappointed. Mrs. Rosenteen lives vicariously through romance novels, meaning that we will be stuck reading them for a whole year."

I shrugged, not really minding. Romance and love was what I was all about, so reading about it wouldn't bother me.

Calvin and I entered the classroom and we joined a couple of guys in the corner. We sat down next to each other, and as soon as the bell rang, class started.