Welcome Back to Exile

""I have to build walls! It's not safe here anymore! I have to-" Tommy said, continuing to ramble on, as he paced the floor of his house.

If Dream was out, he'd surely come for Tommy, wouldn't he?

"Wait." Tommy said, coming to a sudden realization. "No. Oh no. How could I be so stupid?!"

"Tommy?" A voice called out. Tommy spun around, his sword raised. Y/N took a pace back in response. She stood, one hand raised in response to Tommy. She was still in the tattered orange prison uniform.

Tommy stood for a moment, his hands shaking and unable to hold the weapon steady, and his breath shaking from nerves. The flash of orange clothing combined with the sound of his name made Tommy instantly jump to conclusions.

"Oh thank heavens it's just you." Tommy said, lowering his sword. Y/N watched as his eyes darted around before he ran and embraced her in a hug. Y/N could tell Tommy held a slight distrust for her. Nonetheless, he had reason to. She just broke out of prison with the two most deadly criminals out there.

"Don't worry Tommy." Y/N said, ruffling Tommy's blond hair. "No one followed me. It's just us. And it was my mistake for ever leaving your side."

Tommy suddenly pulled out of the hug and went back to searching a nearby chest. From the other side of the chest, Tommy looked up as Ranboo walked by. But now, he didn't look like himself. There was a massive cut across his abdomen, and the rest of his figure appeared almost ghostly. Ranboo stopped, nodded at the two, and carried on.

"Why does Ranboo look like that?" Tommy asked.

"I'd rather not discuss it right now." Y/N responded. "Let's just worry about keeping you safe."

"Thank you- but I've got to go. I HAVE TO-" Tommy began to start in again. Y/N slowly stepped within arms reach of the chest and gently closed it.

"Tommy. Slow down. Breathe. Where are you going?" Y/N asked calmly. Even though every sense in her body wanted to look behind her to make sure Dream wouldn't be standing there.

"My- the axe of peace. After Dream was in prison- I put it away. In exile." Tommy said, looking up from the chest to Y/N. "I can't let him get it Y/N. I tried to kill him with it and failed. He can't have it."

"It's alright. I'm coming with you, and we'll get it back together, okay?" Y/N said reassuringly. "And then we'll build some fortifications and take it from there."

"That sounds good- yea...wait no! You can't come with me! Dream is after you as much as he is me. I can't let him-" Tommy began to protest.

"I can take care of myself Tommy. Now come on, let's go."

—————

"Alright, right up here." Tommy said. The long journey across the nether had almost caused nightfall to arrive. "It was right here."

Tommy grabbed a shovel and started jabbing it into the dirt. He was holding the shovel at such an angle where he was practically standing over hisobkective.

"Tommy slow down. Take your time." Y/N said. "I've got your back."

"Right." Tommy said, and continued his digging.

Y/N carefully watched the portal they had came out of in case they could have been followed. She kept a diamond sword raised in defense in case anyone were to show up.

"Oh no." Y/N hears Tommy just barely say above a whisper. "Why's it gone? Why's it-"

Y/N walked over to the large hole Tommy
had dug and looked down inside. Tommy had his hands on his head and his shovel on the ground.