Chapter 28 - Unblocked

The stone felt heavy in my pocket, my gun strapped to my back was a weight that dragged me down. For the last eight years I had protected the stone, kept it out of the White Hands 'hands'. Now I was bringing back the very people I fought to protect it from. Eight years ago my family split apart for good, it wasn't like any of us didn't see it coming but the things went down way fucken worse than anyone would have imagined. Logan was devastated; he had always tried to keep us together to remind us that some part of us was still human. But the things they did to him, the things they made him do broke what was left of his soul.

Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters came into view as the unwanted memories continued to play out before me. A feeling of deja vu washed over me as I pulled up to a familiar gate. How could I possibly face him again after eight years? How could I look my brother in the eye and show him all those memories I had hidden away from him? To tell him that I had abandoned him with no memories of who he was?

Somehow I had to find the right words to tell him that our fight was not yet over. To take down the walls I had built in his mind and let him remember everything we did. The White Hand had tortured us, they had gotten into Logan's mind and done unspeakable damage. Back then there were some things that even I could not fix so I built a wall and left.

Xavier believed that harmony between mutants and humans would be achieved through peaceful steps. I believed that Logan would be safe with him so when I managed to pull us from the darkness I stole away his past to give him a chance at a future. Now I was going to reverse everything.

Charles Xavier sat in his wheelchair on the steps of the mansion as I pulled my bike to a stop. Stepping off my bike, slipping off the rifle case leaving it on the bike, I wouldn't need it here. I smiled slightly at the bald man greeting him like an old friend "Charles it's been a long time."

Xavier returned the smile but his eyes flickered with anxiety "I have to say I was surprised to hear from you after all these years. Victor has taken Peter Parker and James Barnes but you refused the help of others. You are not alone Layla, you have never been alone."

My head tipped suspiciously "How did you know that?"

Xavier just smiled tapping his finger on his temple "I read minds remember."

Oh yeah! Welp better get this over with. I nodded gratefully to Xavier before walking towards the garage that stood detached from the mansion where I could sense Logan was. There was nothing more that needed to be said, Xavier had looked into my mind and seen everything he needed to know.

I quietly snuck into the empty garage scanning over the cars and bikes until I spotted a familiar figure working on a Ducati Diavel Cromo superbike. Logan looked up as I walked in, his brows furrowed like there was an itch he just couldn't scratch.

"Can I help you? Miss?" His Canadian accent is still as thick as I remember. And I froze, I was not prepared to see him after eight long years.

I couldn't find the right words to make him understand what I was about to do to him. Calling upon my power I felt my veins light up golden as I strode across the garage. Luckily we were alone as Logan snarled warningly "Who are you?"

His long metal claws unsheathed from his knuckles and as I got in range snarled again. I could feel the familiar itch as the stone in my pocket heated up "I'm sorry." a whisper was all I could manage but Logan heard.

He swung as his claws tore through my chest as I grabbed his head forcing my will into his mind making him freeze. Finding the blocks I had placed there eight years ago I slowly began to tear them down. They were chipped and close to breaking and if under psychic attack. Logan's memories flooded into my mind through the link as I pushed through until every block was gone. Slowly releasing my psychic link to Logan's mind I quickly caught him as he collapsed nearly unconscious.

"Sister...?" I caught the nearly inaudible whisper as Logan slipped unconscious laying his body gently on the ground.

"I'm here Brother." I whispered sitting down to wait for him to wake as my phone buzzed.

The screen lit up with a text 'When and Where' -DP.

I hope you're ready brother because I'm bringing the whole crew.

*Don't forget to drop a comment*