| 11 | certitude

This chapter is dedicated to YurimiKo4

This chapter is dedicated to YurimiKo4. I truly appreciate your support and your comments. It means more than than you'll ever know <3

Kissing is one of the most physical signs of expressing love between lovers.

Passion can often be overwhelming to vocalize so much so that the only way to express it is through a kiss.

The result can either be breathtaking or unpleasant.

And if I were to describe my kiss with Roman the other night, it'd have to be the latter.

All the sensations my body craved to feel during the kiss were non-existent.

Almost like my gut knew right away that I wasn't meant to be kissing him.

So you can imagine my surprise when Roman asked me out again.

Am I the only one who feels a great disconnect?

Surely, he can't be that oblivious to know something was missing when he kissed me.

Once he texted me this morning to confirm a second date for tonight, I knew what had to be done.

Tonight will be the decisive factor of whether or not I should end things with him.

Maybe I didn't feel anything during the kiss because I wasn't in the right headspace.

After all, there were a lot of positive factors during the first date I should take into consideration.

After another busy day at the office, I make a brief stop home to freshen up before putting on a copper satin dress.

Given the impatience I have to curl my hair, I end up styling my waves into a slicked-down ponytail before going for a light makeup look.

Sullivan ends up giving me a ride to the bar based on my unwillingness to drive for the night.

By the time we arrive at our destination, I notice the interior decor of the bar is much different than that of the restaurant Roman took me to.

The place exudes sophistication as its forest green barrel chairs harmonize the oil bronze slat walls.

The round-shaped ebony bar is positioned right in the middle of the room as it stands out under the light exposure of the crystalline ceiling lights.

Potted plants provide a finishing touch as they compliment the ceiling plants beautifully.

As guests occupy some of the armchairs, I survey the room in search of one person.

Endless chatters dominate the background sound as I focus on my task.

Upon spotting a familiar figure, I saunter towards the armchair placed beside the parrot wall painting.

He's quick to notice my approaching figure before he wears his signatory grin.