Mikasa

POV-(Y/n):

The warm blanket tucked nicely around me as I snuggled in. The mysterious Tybur woman's lap serving as a wonderful cushion for my aching head. The snow falling softly around us as we sat in perfect tranquility. The woman reading her book; and me watching the beautiful snowflakes gently fall upon the ground.

Then they appeared.

Whom or what they were I did not know, yet they had an eerily familiar aura to them. Like I had seen them all before. The shadowy silhouettes all stood in the distance around the woman and I, gazing at the massive tree with the little girl sitting beneath it. I couldn't decide whether to feel fear for them or not.

They were all different; some with masculine forms and some with feminine forms. Some with broad and muscular frames and some were petite and slender forms. Some were stout, others were curvaceous. There were so many of them; too many to count with my current energy.

There was only one thing that was similar with all the humanoid silhouettes besides them just being silhouettes.

The Crest

They all had what I could only guess was the ornate Tybur family crest on them. Some had them on a ring like I did, others had them on pendants, while others had it on flags, sashes, or coats of arms. This family insignia linked them all together. It was then that I came to a realization.

     They were all previous wielders of the Warhammer Titan Power.

It was staggering how many times the power had changed hands; all looking equally imposing. All of the shadows glaring at the gigantic tree and the strange girl resting beneath it, her bucket right next to her as she rested from her work.

Then the clouds suddenly turned gray, and all the figures immediately turned away from the girl beneath the tree to look at the woman and I. Every single one I looked at, there was a different influx of screams from the unholy hells that each one released upon the world when they were alive. Hundreds of millions of screams from the people that fell victim to the Warhammer Titan holders.

     I clutched my head in pain; the screams tearing my eardrums to shreds as I bled from my ears. I covered my ears, yet the screams of agony persisted as clear as day. There was nothing I could do. I dug my fingernails into my scalp hard enough for it to bleed, anything to take my mind off the screaming that punctured through my mind. The pain was so intense that it felt as though my brain was about to explode and my skull would shatter.

     Thunder cracked and shook the trees as the temperature only got colder. The wind intensified and chilled me to the bone as it blew. Golden lightning bolts ripped the sky asunder. The golden lightning would normally be so beautiful to me, but at this moment it all looks so horrifying. Rain began to fall from the sky and quickly froze as it descended through the air, peppering the snow covered ground with hail.

The beautiful and elegant snowy winter land had quickly became a frozen hellscape the likes of which I've never see before.

     Tears fell from my eyes as I wrapped my arms around the waist of the Tybur woman next to me; desperate for any form of salvation as I snuggled into her; the very woman I had taken this power from. The warmth of her body being the only thing keeping me from succumbing too...well I'm not too sure.

     The cold?

     The hail?

The burning gaze of the former wielders?

The agonizing screams going through my mind?

So many different things...I felt as though I would die if I released my hold on the woman. The silhouettes of the former wielders then began to walk closer to the woman and I. All of them gaining a more distinctive form as they got closer; the screams of those they massacred in their lifetimes continuing to rip through me.