22.

Tus walked along the length of Sanchez's body like four times as if he was a balance beam

Tus walked along the length of Sanchez's body like four times as if he was a balance beam. Sanchez laid on the couch with his arm stretched out scrolling through the hulu show options. He was fairly bored with himself as he waited on Ruben to get home. It wasn't a night scheduled for them to cook together but because he and Asha weren't talking right now he didn't have much to do. He went to practice, he didn't have class that morning and he wasn't in the mood to be on his game, therefore, he went to Ruben's house.

The only problem was Ruben wouldn't be home for another two to three hours leaving him to emptiness and a cat that didn't like to play. Tus was the type of cat that like to roam, take many naps, hide in dark places and invade your privacy for his benefit. Like now he didn't want Sanchez to touch him nor cuddle him but he just knew he could walk all over him with it being an issue. For shits and giggles Sanchez wanted to push him to the floor but he knew that was later lead to Tus randomly clawing him when he wasn't paying attention.

"Ain't nothing on hulu man." he cut the tv off and dropped the remote to the floor. "I'm bored as fuck!"

"Whoa." the front door opened and Ruben walked inside. "You that bored you gotta yell it?"

"Yeah man." he groaned and slightly sat up when Khadija came trailing behind Ruben with a bag in her hand.

"Hello Sanchez, how are you today?" she greeted with a soft smile.

"Hey, I'm cool. Y'all have plans that I'm in the way of?" he geared his question toward his father.

Ruben was going to say yes but Khadija cut him off, "No you're not. We're just hanging like old folks do. You can join us. Maybe a lil card game and nachos?" she raised the bag that he assumed held the nachos she was speaking of.

"Uh...yeah I guess. I ain't really got much else to do."

"Can't with the way you was just in here hollerin'." Ruben hit his son's chest and gave him a wink. "You're gonna have a good time with us. I promise you."

Sanchez pushed himself up from the couch and watched Ruben disappear in his room while Khadija went over to the dining table. She sat the hot and fresh platter of chicken nachos in the center of the table before going over to the tv stand and opening the drawer that held all the games. She grabbed the deck of cards and held them up for show with a smile and nod.

"You do know how to play tonk right? Please say yes."

"Yeah I know how to play." he pulled the scrunchie from his hair and massaged his scalp before he stood up to go over to the table.

She looked up at him as he bypassed her, "What about Gin?"

"Yeah."

"Awesome." she softly clapped. "So Ruben told me you're a finance major, that was my major as well, how do you like it? You're just getting into the major focused classes right?"