mirror (requested)

Edit: Author's Note - highly recommend listening to mirror while you read this chapter. 💜

—————————————————————————

You locked your phone through the blur of your tears before putting it on the counter and staring into the mirror.

You lowered your head after just a few seconds, finding it hard to look at your reflection for very long as your self-esteem has faded away completely as the hateful words from people on the internet lingered in your mind.

You keep closing your eyes, trying to remember the words that Yeji continues to tell you when you're feeling low.

But today, it seems that the negativity that you're seeing directed at you from different people on the internet is louder than the comforting words that your girlfriend tries to assure you with when things get rough.

Being in your position, you're bound to get hate from people.

When your girlfriend is as famous and loved and adored by millions of people around the world as Yeji is, you knew it wasn't going to be all sunshine and rainbows every single day.

You opened your eyes and looked back at your reflection.

Biting your lip, you pulled your shirt up slightly and tried to see all of the flaws everyone says that you have. The words are so incredibly hurtful, things you'd never even think about saying to your worst enemy.

But as you look at yourself, every inch, you feel... worthless.

You blinked away your tears, only for one to fall down your cheek anyways.

You felt so unloved, so awful about yourself.

You used to be able to look into the mirror and find something you like about yourself. Your smile, your eyes, your hair. But now, when you see your reflection, you only feel shame.

In your fit of anger and disappointment, you couldn't seem to handle catching glimpses of your reflection and punched the mirror to shatters.

You hadn't heard Yeji calling out for you, as she arrived home only a moment before you broke the mirror.

You didn't hear her fast footsteps on the stairs as she rushed up to you or the way she yelled out your name.

You only realized that she was home when the bathroom door opened and she walked inside, rushing to you.

"What happened? What did you do?" She asked as she cupped your cheeks in her hands, feeling her heart shatter upon seeing the tear stains on your cheeks.

"I broke it." You said as you both looked at the pieces of glass on the tiled floor. "I couldn't help it. I couldn't take it anymore."

"Stay right here. Do not move, don't get up. I don't want you to step on anything." She said before she began to clean up the glass, making sure all of the shards were cleaned up from the floor before she looked you over.

Your knuckles were bleeding but only a little, much to her relief.

She quickly wrapped them up to stop the bleeding before she lowered her head.

"People are being so mean." You whispered. "I feel like they hate me. I feel so worthless."

She looked back up at you, a look of sadness in her eyes.

"Worthless? Baby, you are not worthless. I know it might be hard to see or feel sometimes, but you're beautiful."

You scoffed and shook your head, only for her to gently place her fingers under your chin.

"I'm serious. People out there, people on the internet, they might not see it. But, baby, I do. Everyone that loves you sees how beautiful you are. It's not just an outside beauty, but inside too. You are so beautiful. You take my breath away, even after all this time we've been together. You leave me in awe. There isn't one day that I don't look at you and wonder how on earth I got so lucky."

Tears were filling your eyes again, your lip trembling with every sweet word that she said.

"You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. You are everything to me. I couldn't go through everything I do without you by my side. You make everything better and when my days are good, they're made even more wonderful when I've got you, the love of my life, right by my side."

"You mean that?"

"With all of my heart and soul. I couldn't imagine life without you. You're perfect to me. Those trolls see flaws? They must be blind. Because I only see beauty. I only see those big bright eyes I could spend forever staring into. I see the most beautiful girl with the most beautiful smile, one that can make anyone's day better and brighter. I see love. I see the woman of my dreams. I see the only person I want to spend forever with. I see the most breathtakingly beautiful girl in the world."

"Thank you, baby."

"Forget those trolls. Forget those people that have nothing to do but hate and bring others down. You're better than them. Don't let their words hurt you. Let it all go. Because you've got so many people that love you. Your family, your friends, the real fans out there that support us no matter what - the ones that only want us to be happy. You've got the girls."

"And you." You said and watched her smile.

"Always." She said, kissing your nose. "You've always got me, through thick and thin, I will always love you just the way that you are. Because you're perfect to me."

You hugged her tight, laying your head on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry I broke the mirror."

"It's okay. It happens. We'll buy a new one." She giggled and kissed your head a few times as she rubbed your back, continuing to tell you just how beautiful you are and how much she loves you.