Chapter 2 - Quirk Assessment

You sit down at your desk and wait for the teacher to arrive. A green-haired boy entered the room and instantly got flustered by everyone staring at him. Iida walks over to him and introduces himself, all while a brown-haired girl joins the conversation from out in the hall.

???: "If you're going to be hunting for buddies, do it elsewhere."

The three of them hurry into the room.

Y/T: 'Uh... who the heck is this guy?'

???: "Hmm, it took your lot eight seconds to quiet down. Life is short, kids. You're all lacking in common sense."

Mr Aizawa: "I'm your homeroom teacher, Shota Aizawa. Pleasure to meet you."

He pulls out a blue, white, and red uniform with the letters 'UA' on them.

Mr Aizawa: "Wear these, immediately. And then head to the gym."

He hands everyone a uniform and walks away. After changing in the locker room...

Mr Aizawa: "Alright, now that everyone's here, let's get going. Today we're doing a Quirk Assessment."

(Ochako) ???: "Uhm... Mr Aizawa? What about the guidance counsellor meeting? Or the ceremony?"

Mr Aizawa: "You want to be a hero, no?"

???: "Of course I do!"

Mr Aizawa: "Then you don't need silly ceremonies. We're here to work. Not have fun."

???: "But-"

Mr Aizawa: "No 'buts'. Let's start."

Mr Aizawa turns to the blond kid from before.

Mr Aizawa: "Bakugou, how far could you pitch a softball in middle school?"

Bakugou: "Sixty-seven meters."

Mr Aizawa throws a softball at Bakugou and points to a circle in the field.

Mr Aizawa: "Try using your quirk this time around. As long as you don't leave the circle, anything you do is fine. Oh and, don't hold back. It's a waste of time."

Bakugou: "You asked for it."

He winds up and throws the ball.

Bakugou: "DIIIIIIEEEE!!!!"

Y/T: 'Die? Why would he shout something like that?!'

Mr Aizawa: "Before anything else, one must know what they're capable of."

Mr Aizawa showed the class a small device that had a number on it. It showed seven hundred and five point two meters.

Y/T: 'He really didn't have to scream 'die'.'

You look at him unimpressed.

Mr Aizawa: "This is a rational metric that will form the basis of your 'Hero Foundation'."

Mina: "Awesome!! That looks so fun!"

(Kiri) ???: "Seven-hundred and five meters?! That's insane!"

(Denki) ???: "We can really use our quirks all we want?! This is so sweet!!"

Mr Aizawa: "It looks fun... you say? So you were planning to spend your three years here, having a good 'ol time? What happened to becoming heroes? Alright then, in that case, new rule: the student who ranks last in total points will be judged 'hopeless' and will be instantly expelled. Our 'freedom' means we can dispense of students as we please. Welcome to The Department of Heroics."