9 | funeral

i know you're built of compassion, but kate doesn't deserve yours.

[ 2.01 ]

Willow walked through the hospital, her feet carrying her toward the room where Lydia was staying. She had already visited a handful of times over the weekend, bringing Lydia plenty of magazines and some lipstick — in case she got a hot male nurse, of course. This time, she brought a vase full of her favorite flowers.

Stiles was there — he hadn't left — and was stretched out across three chairs in the most uncomfortable looking position as he slept. There was a Get Well Soon balloon tied to his wrist. The boy was talking in his sleep, and his words brought a smile to Willow's lips.

"Ohh, just like that. No, no, you first," Stiles mumbled, puckering his lips. "Me first?"

Lydia's father had come out of the room, spotting the sleeping boy. He turned to Melissa, who was reading over the chart outside of Lydia's room. "He's been here all night?"

Melissa and Willow shared an amused smile. "He's been here all weekend," she told him.

"You're dirty," Stiles mumbled, leaning his head back against the armrest as he kissed in his dream.

Willow giggled and leaned over his face. "Stiles," she called softly.

Stiles' eyes snapped open and he almost had a heart attack seeing Willow's face so close to his. Her lips missed his — still puckered from the dream — by an inch as she kissed his cheek.

"Melissa can probably find you a cot to sleep on that's much more comfortable than these chairs," Willow told him as Stiles slowly sat upright. He twisted his back, the sound of his bones cracking making Willow wince.

"You going in to see Lydia?" he asked her, glancing at the flowers.

"In a little bit. Her dad just came out, so I think she's showering right now," she said, setting the flowers in an empty seat. "I'm gonna grab some Skittles from the vending machine."

"Ooh, Reese's Cups sound good," he said, scrambling out of his seat and following her.

She dug around in her purse until she found a dollar. However, the candy got stuck just before being freed from the vending machine, making her pout.

"Let me see if I have another dollar," Willow mumbled, opening her wallet. Though she couldn't find any bill smaller than a twenty.

"I'll get it," Stiles said, moving in front of the machine. However 'get it' didn't mean he'd use a dollar to push the candy out with another bag. Stiles hit the side of the machine, trying to make the candy fall.

"Stiles, really, it's fine—"

"No, I'll get it," he promised. Stiles grabbed the sides of the vending machine and tried to shake it. Suddenly, the whole thing toppled over. Willow let out a yelp as Stiles grabbed her waist and pulled her back before the machine could crush them.