TWENTY | year 4

THE SECOND AND THIRD TASKS

As Draco walked down the hill with Blaise, he looks around for Cassiopeia who is nowhere to be found.

"Have you seen my sister?" He asks Balise, who shrugged.

"Didn't see her anywhere, actually," Blaise replied. "Why? Are you concerned?"

"Why would I be concerned? She's not a baby, I don't care about her," scoffed Draco, rolling his eyes as he walked into the small boat. Blaise muttered a 'wow' before stepping in the boat.

The Weasley twins were shouting, busy taking bets as students hand them tickets. Harry walked along with Neville, Ron already in one of the boats along with Ginny, after he told Harry that he would find Hermione, along with Cassiopeia who was nowhere to be found.

Neville hands Harry the gilliweed before Harry eyes it. "You're sure about this Neville?"

"Absolutely," replied Neville.

"For an hour,"

"Most likely," said Neville, making Harry look at him with a slightly frightened face.

"Most likely?" The green-eyed boy repeated.

"Well there is some debate among herbologists as to the effects of freshwater versus saltwater," grimaced Neville.

"You're telling me this now? You must
be joking," groaned Harry, letting out a heavy sigh.

"I just wanted to help," Neville pursed his lips.

"Well that makes you sight better than
Cassiopeia and Hermione," grumbled Harry, "Where are they anyway?

"You seem a little tense Harry,"

"Do I?" Harry asked sarcastically.

°°°

"Welcome to the second task!" said Dumbledore, over a large speakerphone. There are three large stands where students are on, cheering loudly as the four champions stand near the edge of it wearing their swimming costume. "Last night something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These four treasures, one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the black lake. In order to win each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface."

Harry looked around, and he spotted Ron who gave him a thumbs up. Harry lets out a shaky breath before looking at the waters.

"Simple enough," commented Dumbledore. "Except for this, they will have one hour to do so and one hour only. After that they'll be on their own."

"Put that in your mouth," instructed Mad-Eye. Harry puts the gilliweed in his mouth and starts coughing and choking.

"You may begin at the start of the cannon," Dumbledore finishes. The cannon fires and the champions enter the water, three of them dive in while Harry is pushed. Underwater the effects of gilliweed take hold, Harry's hands and feet become webbed.

"What's the matter with him?" asked Seamus, looking at the water concerned.

"I don't know I can't see him," replied Ron.

Neville looked away from the water, placing his hands on his head. "Oh my god I've killed Harry Potter!"

Harry flies into the air like a dolphin and the crowd cheer. He swims among the fish and rocks. Singing voices start echoing, he swam towards it.

After a few minutes of searching around, he hears muffled screams. Slowly approaching it, he finds Hermione, Cho and Cassiopeia. Along with some young girl.