18 - Demon's Banquet [FINAL]

The Highest Peak of Heather, Iferanda Mountain.

As the door swung open, a tall, beautiful woman in a revealing crimson dress strode into the main temple's dimly-lit hall. The walls seemed to pulse with the soft red light of flickering lanterns, and the air was thick with the smell of cooked monster meat.

Seated on a polished obsidian platform at the front of the hall was Barbados, a demon with magma coursing through his veins. His height exceeded twenty meters, and his aura was one of absolute power. Generals and chiefs, tall and sinister in their own right, sat in a circle around him, their eyes fixed on the woman as she approached.

This was Enkanta, a demon of higher rank than any of them. She moved with grace and confidence, her every step a statement of her own strength. But as she reached the platform, she faltered.

For there, before her, was a male human, the gigantic Barbados slowly disappearing into his mouth as he absorbed him whole. The demon Barbados's smirk was smug, and the symbol above Enkanta's crotch was a cruel reminder of her own defeat.

The demons fixed their gazes on Enkanta, and even a general couldn't stop his mouth from salivating in the presence of Barbados.

Enkanta, a tall, black-scaled demoness, her eyes painted in red, approached Barbados and took her seat below him as the second highest-ranking demon on the mountain.

As she sat down, she casually raised her thigh, revealing a hint of her butt from the side as her skirt slipped to the side. Barbados, his human host's expression turning unsightly, took a mouthful of vaporizing drink and asked Enkanta about the progress of the hunt for the "amethyst girl." 

Enkanta drew in smoke from her pipe indifferently and began to report on the situation.

"There's been some progress," Enkanta reported. "The lowly human king, has already surrendered to us. And I've ascertained the identity of this generation's real amethyst girl in the Heather Kingdom. Her name is Xylma El Lacrita, and she's a formidable opponent. I've heard that she's managed to repel three arch grand sorcerers in less than a year during the sorcerer qualification examination. She's definitely a big catch."

"I've also heard some things about this Xylma," the black-scaled snake demon noblewoman said. "But weren't you the one who found out about her? It wasn't the Heather Kingdom's king, was it?"

"Does it matter who found out?" Enkanta said disdainfully. "What I want to know is where Xylma is now. Do you have any idea, Lord Barbados?"

"Well, I don't know for sure," Barbados said, his tone casual as if he were asking his wife about her plans for the day. "The human girl could be in the Helgium capital or her hometown port. We're in the process of sending demon to locate her."

"That's not accurate, is it?" Xin, a tall, grey-skinned, four-eyed demon shadow assassin cloaked in black miasma, interjected. "I've received information that Xylma has been traveling east, even approaching the Coral Ocean in your domain, Ladyship Enkanta. Don't tell me you didn't know about this?"

Enkanta faked a mischievous glance towards Xin and parted her lips slightly. "Is that so? How come I didn't know about it?"

"You didn't know about it?" Barbados asked.

"Now that you mention it, I didn't receive anything in particular from my domain over the past decades" Enkanta said, her expression changing as she recognized the two demon assassins who appeared before her, enveloped in dark miasma. 

These were the same assassins she had tasked with finding Xylma, and seeing them here filled her with unease.

She narrowed her eyes at the duo, sensing their unreliability. But as the queen of this human farm country, second only to Barbados among the demon nobles, she knew that deceit and traps were common in the interactions between nobles. It didn't matter if she had lied - in the demon world, honor meant little.