TWENTY-ONE | year 4

BARTY CROUCH JUNIOR 

Everyone waited, other students sneaking in some snacks while they wait, some teachers looked around anxiously. She heard Draco's laugh, and then more chattering.

Everything was loud, and Cassiopeia seemed to be focused on something else. Her eyes wandered around, and she felt something bad about Mad-Eye, and she didn't feel that before, there is some evil glint in his eyes that she could catch.

Cassiopeia's ears started to ring and she decided to check on Mad-Eye with her vision to see his past. She hoped that she could get some information out of it.

The girl stood up from her seat, and down the stairs which made Draco grab her arm. "Where are you going?"

"Toilet, why?" She lifted a brow, he nodded as he lets go of her arm. She cleared her throat before she slowly walked towards Mad-Eye, who was sitting at the corner, near the popcorn stand.

She purposely bumped into him by pretending she was looking at someone that was on the stands, she grabbed his arm before she "fell" on the floor.

With that, she saw visions. And indeed, he was not Mad-Eye Moody, he was some sort of Death Eater, the man who killed Barty Crouch, and who placed Harry's name in the Goblet of Fire.

She lets out a small gasp after the vision, and "Mad-Eye" narrowed his eyes at her. "Watch where you're going, Malfoy!"

She cleared her throat and she brushed the non-existent dust off her shirt. "Forgive me, Professor,"

He grumbled something to her and she quickly bought popcorn and walked back up to her seat. Cassiopeia shoved the popcorn into Draco's hands who was startled but didn't question her.

Her heart pounded against her chest, questions filled her mind.

What if he did something to them in the maze? What if he placed some spells in the maze which would kill Harry and the others??

She fiddled with her shirt as her breath became heavy. Even if she did tell a teacher, they wouldn't believe her, she doesn't have proof.

So she decided to do things herself, and this is a 'trust the process kind of thing. She made sure her wand is in her pocket, even though she knew he would be better than her in spells.

She wouldn't be able to get the truth out of him if he's in front of many people, so she had to do something that will get him to walk out of the place with her.

Cassiopeia walked down the stairs once again and approached the man. She cleared her throat which made Mad-Eye look at her.

"Professor," she started. "I've got a question--"

"What? Now's not the time with questions about schoolwork!" He grumbled at her.

"Well then, umm, never mind," she turned around but another excuse hit her. "Wait, I was also gonna say that I heard some students saw someone enter your, umm, office and they took something--"

"What?! Who?!" Mad-Eye quickly got up from his seat.

"I don't know, Professor, I didn't see who--"

Before Cassiopeia finished her words, Mad-Eye limped out of the stadium. She lets out a breath of relief, and she followed him out.

Mad-Eye walked faster, mumbling and grumbling about things she couldn't quite hear. She was walking further back so he can't hear her footsteps.

He reached the castle and she followed until he reached his office, he entered the door but he left it open. So Cassiopeia stood at the side of the door, as she took out her wand.