CHAPTER 20

After that I stalked to Elena and told her everything I was told. The date, him saying Damon, everything. We agreed that we need to find out more about Stefan and Damon. She said that she will try to get more information out of him and told me to meet her at next to the news area but not where Jenna can see me.

That is what I did for a while before I could see my sister approach me.

I rose a brow as to say if she got anything. "Nope." Was all she said.

I linked arms with her as we walked to Jenna.

'Your car was done an hour ago." Elena spoke first.

Jenna turned to us. "Your saying that out loud why?" And stood up.

Then Logan walks to us. "Hi. Natasha." He nods at me. "Elena, right? I think I met you once when you were nine." Him and her shook hands.

I don't like him one bit.

"Your emotional maturity level when we were together." Jenna joked. I tried hiding my chuckle but I guess it wasn't good enough since Elena nudged my left side.

God, did that girl have muscle.

"Ouch. Here I thought we were making progress." He playfully joked.

"Is he enough in your good graces to ask him a favor?" Elena asked Jenna, since I don't know the plan yet.

Logan turned to Jenna. "If I do them a favor, will I get back in your good graces?"

"Uh-, a very reluctant maybe to both." She stated.

"Done. Wait. One condition. Dinner, tonight, your house." He more like stated than proposed but oh well.

"Fine." Elena and I gave her the eyes. "But you're eating leftovers."

"Ooh." Then he turned to us. "What do you girls need?"

"Do you have access to old news stories, say, fifties?" Elena asked. Now I understood what she was doing, damn she smart.

"Yeah, at the station. Between the archives and the internet, we pretty much have everything."

My part is next. "We have a report way past due, and this would be a life saver." I may have exaggerated a bit but they sold it.

He nodded, "Heading there now. Let's go."

As he walked towards the news vehicle, Elena and I turned to Jenna, and my sister was to speak first. "If anyone asks, you don't know where we went."

"Just imagine what Caroline would say if she found out." I grimaced automatically.

Logan lead us into the building to where it is kept. "We digitalized the archives in the building last year, you can pull all the remote footage right up on screen." He opened a door and led us threw it, this is probably it. "What is it exactly you guys are looking for?"

"It's an incident from 1953, if it really happened at the old Salvatore Boarding House." I replied even though his phone rang half-way through it.

Elena sat in the chair while I stood behind her.

"Sorry, one second. Yeah.... Alright, be right there." Logan closed the call. "I got to go. You believe there's actual news to cover in this town? All right, use keywords to search the database. It's pretty easy to navigate. And brady down in tech will help you out with anything you need." He pointed out towards the hallway.

"Okay." Elena exhaled.

He was about to walk out the door but turned abruptly. "Oh hey. Could you put in a good word for me with Jenna?"