4

- 5 Years Later -

"Howard!" Yelled Tony as he made his way into the living room, "your mom is gonna be mad if we're late." Howard ran and jumped into Tony's arms, "why do we have to go?" Tony laughed as he carried the 5 year old into the elevator where Pepper was waiting, "Your mom and Steve are being honored at the Natural History Museum." Howard let out a loud sigh, "awe man." Pepper smiled, "we can go see the dinosaurs afterwards." Howard's eyes lit up in excitement. He just learned about them in school and wanted to see them for his own eyes.

On the elevator down Tony told Howard he had to be on his best behavior. Howard nodded then was set down to walk out to the car where Steve was waiting. "Wow," said Steve, "what did you tell him?" Tony let out a small laugh as Howard said, "I get to see dinosaurs if I'm good." Steve knelt down, "your mom had to fight a dinosaur once. If you're really good maybe she'll tell you about it." Again little Howard's eyes would light up, "thank you daddy." Steve smiled, "come on Buck, let's go. Mommy is waiting for us." The four would proceed to climb into the car and drive off.

———

In the museum Steve made his way to find Mandy while Tony and Pepper took Howard to see the dinosaurs. Howard was running around so Tony put Howard on his shoulders. "Come on kid," said Tony, "your moms gonna get made at me for taking you to see the dinosaurs without her." Howard began to calm down as he noticed all that he giant skeletons. The little 5 year old could hardly contain himself and Tony, Tony was over joyed. He had fears about becoming a father and now he couldn't wait. He and pepper had agreed to wait a few years. "Hey boys," said Pepper, "it's time for us to go. Mandy isn't gonna be happy if we miss her big day." Howard let out a sigh, "then more dinosaurs!?" Pepper laughed, "yes, yes. Now let's go."

The three headed to a conference room and took seats in the front. Soon after the president would walk out and begin his speech, "ladies, gentlemen, and friends. It gives me great pleasure to inform you that two of this nations heroes were found and are alive. Today we honor and welcome Captain Steven Grant Rogers and  Mandy Stark. I am honored to announce the addition of the World War 2 hall where information of Captain America and his team can be found. As well as information on all of Mrs. Starks contributions to history. We welcome you to take a look around and enjoy. The museum has prepared lunch and will be served at 2pm. Thank you." Everyone in the room clapped then disappeared into the museum while Howard stayed looking in awe at his mom shaking hands with the president. "Mommy," said Howard waking closer. Mandy looked down, "come here baby. I want you to meet a friend." Howard walked over to Mandy who picked him up, "this is the President Mathew Ellis of the United States. He helped me and your dad get all the paperwork taken care of to come live with your brother Tony." Howard stuck his hand out, "thank you sir. Thank you for taking care of my mommy." President Ellis shook Howard's hand, "You have good manners son. Keep that up." Howard smiled then the president turned to Mandy, "may we speak in private?" Mandy handed Howard to Steve, "go with your dad and see the dinosaurs. Mommy needs to talk to her friend for a little while." Howard started to wiggle out of Steve's arms and ran over to Tony, "Tony's going to take me." Tony picked Howard up and put him in his shoulders, "is that ok mom?" Mandy nodded, "try not to get in to much trouble," Mandy looked to pepper, "would you?" Pepper nodded then the three left leaving Steve, Mandy, and the president on the stage, "what is it?" A member of the secret service walked up and handed them a file. "this man here," said president Ellis, "he's all I trust. In that file are suspicions I have. Please read it here and now," the agent left to grab a trash can and a lighter from the other end of the room, "you two are the only ones I can trust with this information. Not even Stark can know." Mandy nodded then handed the file to Steve, "what do you want us to do about it?" Steve interrupted, "watch him. It'll be your job to look after him. Mandy, only 3 people know about this and until we can do something then it stays that way." Mandy shook her head no, " I have my boys to worry about. Tony understands we can't talk about what we do... Ill tell him that he and pepper will have to take Howard away for a little while." President Ellis nodded, "I'm sorry." Mandy smiled to President Ellis, "my boys know that the life of a hero comes with its costs.they'll be ok."