Chapter 7 - Class Rep

In the Morning...

Y/T: 'Time for school..'

You sigh and get out of bed. You put on your uniform, then head out of your room.

Y/N: "Bye mum!"

Mum: "Don't fail!"

Y/N: "I won't..."

You wait around, looking for Ashido.

Mina: "Hey!! How was your night?"

Y/N: "It went well, you?"

Mina: "It was great! I'm super excited about class today!

Y/N: "Me too!"

You get to the gate and you and Ashido somehow get separated from each other. There are reporters everywhere, crowding the gate, making it almost impossible to get in.

Reporter: "What kinds of lessons does All Might teach?!"

Y/N: "H-huh?"

Reporter: "Give us some insight on what All Might's like in class!"

Y/N: "Uh..."

Someone grabs your hand and carefully pulls you towards the gate and out of the crowd of reporters.

Y/N: "Huh?"

It took you a moment, but you finally got out of there.

Y/N: "Todoroki? Why did you-"

He let's go of your hand and walks off.

Y/T: 'Well... that was strange.'

You sigh and walk to class.

Mr Aizawa: "I hope you're rested from yesterday's battle trial. I took the liberty of looking at your marks and evaluations. Bakugo. Stop acting like a seven-year-old. You're wasting your own talent."

Bakugo: "..."

Mr Aizawa: "Midoriya. Are you always planning on destroying your arms? If you keep saying 'I can't adjust my quirk, so I have no choice', you'll never succeed. Now let's get on with the homeroom notices... I'm sorry to have to spring this on you all, but... We need a class representative."

Kiri: "Oh!! Oh!! I wanna be class rep! Pick me!"

Jiro: "I wanna do it."

Aoyama: "Oh, you mean the position that exist for me?"

Mina: "That's, like, a leader position!! I'll do it!!! Me!! Me!!"

You also raise your hand.

Iida: "This is a task laden with responsibility where you must carry and pull everyone else's weight! Just because you'd like to do it, doesn't mean you can! It's a holy office that requires the great esteem and trust of those around you...! The only truly worthy leader will emerge from a democratic choice reflecting the will of the people. Which is why this must be settled by a vote!!"

Y/T: 'He's so serious!'

Tsu: "It's still too early to have developed any trust in each other."

Kiri: "And everyone will just vote for themselves!"

Iida: "And that's precisely why the person who does manage to earn multiple votes will be thee truly appropriate person for the job, no?! Is that alright, Mr Aizawa?!"

Mr Aizawa: "As long as you all decide by the time my nap's over."

Y/T: 'Two votes! Not bad considering that everyone wanted to be the representative.'

You turn to your right and see Midoriya, the new class rep. He had a nervous look on his face. You bump his shoulder.

Y/N: "Hey, congrats."

His face turns pink and he started to stutter.

Deku: "T-thanks... O-oh and, um... Thank you again for talking to me during the quirk assessment. I... it really helped me out."

You smile at him and face the class again.

Bakugo: "You've got to be shitting me...!! Who voted for damn Deku?!"

Sero: "Well, I guess we know who you voted for!"

Iida: "Zero votes... I see how it is...! Of course, since I insisted on the sacredness of the role... I can't argue with it!"

Y/N: "You voted for someone else...?"

Momo: "Even though you wanted the job so badly..."

Y/N: "Don't be upset about it, what's happened, happened. There's no use on sulking over it."

Iida: "You're right! Thank you, L/N. I have confidence you'll be a great deputy!"

Y/N: "Thanks, Iida."

Mr Aizawa: "So then it's Representative Midoriya and Deputy L/N."

You give everyone in the class a friendly smile.

Deku: "S-seriously?!"

Kiri: "Damn, things are heating up for Midoriya!"

Denki: "And L/N was pretty cool during training yesterday! She almost beat Todoroki!"