Chapter 28

We were all gathered in the great hall. A huge ramp was in the middle making us all crowd around it. I was standing next to Hermione,Valerie was directly in front of me. I first looked around to see if someone was looking at me,when I pulled a small hair off of my sister's robe without her noticing.

I reach into the pocket of my robes where I kept a small vile to keep the hair in. At least I wouldn't have to worry about the polyjuice potion.

"Gather round! Gather round. Can you all see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent" I bear Lockhart say. He rambles on about the dualling club and how Dumbledore approved of him starting it up to teach us how to protect ourselves.

He takes off his robe and throws it into the crowd making a fight between a few girls fight each other. He also introduces Snape as his 'assistant' which makes me laugh a little too loud.

"First,how about... Velonté and Bulstrode!"

Hermione looks at me and I nod at her. This could actually be fun. As I step on the platform I notice Harry looking at me concerned. I smile at him making him look more relaxed. Millicent and I stand in the middle of the platform facing each other. As Lockhart starts to count down we walk in opposite directions.

"3...2" before he gets to 1 she tried to casts a spell at me but I was faster,"Mimble Wimble!", I said as I pointed my wand at her,making her tongue tie in a knot,preventing her from saying her incantation correctly.

"Excellent Ms. Velonté," Lockhart assures me of the platform since she couldn't make up a audible semtence.

"How about our next pair,Mr. Potter and Mr. Weasley."

"Weasley's wand causes devastation even with the simplest spell, we'd be sending Potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox. May I suggest someone from my own house? Malfoy,perhaps?"
Snape points towards Draco, signalling to him to step forward.

Harry and Draco stand in front of each other. They both turn around at the same time,walking to their sides. Lockhart starts the countdown.

"Everte statum!" Draco sends Harry flying before Lockhart got to 1.

Harry quickly stands up and casts a spell back,"Rictusempra!"which makes Draco fall straight on his back side. Draco stands up embarrassed and casts another spell...,"Serpentsortia!" this time a snake flies out of his wand landing in front of Harry.

"Don't worry Mr Potter,I'll get rid of it for you," Snape walked forward but Lockhart stops him and request that he does it. As usual his spell doesn't work and the snake falls back on the ground.

Suddenly, Harry starts inching forward,nearing the snake...and speaking in a language I couldn't understand,again I felt the coldness spread through my body and a nauseating feeling spawn inside me. It's was happening again.

I was pulled out of my state by Harry storming out of the great hall,making me hurry after him.

"You're a parselmouth? Why didn't you tell us?" Ron and Hermione had caught up with us.
"I'm a what?" Harry asked.
"It means you can talk to snakes," oh...I wasn't a parselmouth then.
"I know. I mean,I accidentally set a python on my cousin Dudley at the zoo once. Once. But what's the problem? I bet loads of people here can do it." "No they can't, it's not s very common gift Harry. It's bad." Hermione informed him.

"What's bad? If I didn't tell that snake not to attack Justin-"

"Oh,so that's what you said to it!"

"You were there! You heard me."

"I heard you speak parseltongue. Snake language."

I was speaking another language? But I didn't realize-How can I speak a lamguage without knowing I can?"

"I don't know Harry but it sounded like you were egging the snake on,or something."

I stepped closer to Harry,making him look me straight into my eyes,"Harry,listen to me. There's a reason the symbol of Slytherin house is a serpent. Salazar Slytherin was a parselmouth,he could talk to snakes ,too."

Ron interupted,"exactly. Now the whole school's gonna think you're his great-great-great grandson or something."

Harry was getting frustrated,"But I'm not! I can't be..." "He loved a thousand years ago. For all we know you could be." He stared at me.

°°°°°

We were all sitting and doing homework,I was reading the book I had took from the library.

'By the early twentieth century, when the family was extinct in the male line, Marvolo Gaunt, one of the last direct descendants, had only two children, Merope and her brother Morfin. While Morfin regularly used magic to terrorize Muggles and spoke almost exclusively in Parseltongue, his sister exhibited no dark qualities and was in fact so traumatized by emotional abuse inflicted upon her by her father and brother, that she was barely able to use magic and often presumed to be a squib.'

Harry turned around to see Valerie and Pansy staring at him. He looked at Ron and Hermione to which he shrugged and she gave him a weak smile. He turns to by his side and I tell him that we should leave. He seemed so defeated.

"We'll see you guys back in the common room," Harry stood up quickly,closing his book and making me repeat the action. I stuffed the book into my bag before anyone read the title.

Harry and I walk towards Gryffindor tower. Until I get the same feeling,but this time I feel numb, cold and as if poison was spreading through my body. Harry took my wrist making me follow him as he starts walking faster. When we turned the corner,there was a puddle of water under us and nearly headless nic was floating,with his feet just above the ground. His head rested on his shoulder, showing his insides. And there near his feet layed Justin.

Harry got closer and examined Justin while I lowly neared the window...where spiders were hurrying to the outside in a straight line,like you'll expect ants to do.

Suddenly, Filch made his presence know,"caught in the act. I'll have the two of you out this time,mark my words." He barked making Harry get a little nervous,"no,Mr Flich! You don't understand." "Leave him" I advised. "Harry,have you ever seen spiders act this way?" I assured him over to take a look.

He stood next to me, closely watching the spiders when Professor McGonagall came around the corner.

"Professor,I swear we didn't." Harry started. " This is out of my hands Potter," Professor McGonagall replied.

She led us towards a statue of a big eagle and told us to get inside. "Professor Dumbledore will be waiting for you, Sherbet lemon" As she said this a staircase erupted from below our feet making Harry and move upwards.