Chapter 1- Chapter 5

Chapter 1: Reincarnation (1)

There are two areas in the entire plane of existence where life exists.

The Prime and the Cube Omniverse, are the two omniverses that coexist via each other.

The Cube Omniverse is called such because it is shaped like a cube, floating in the centre-most part of the Prime Omniverse.

The Cube is the personification of dreams and desires, the imagination that originates from the people living in the Prime Omniverse, which over time created an Omniverse that exists within this cube.

Usually, people can't leave and enter their own respective Omniverses. But that's not always the case, such as with "Strange Subject 799" here.

Sitting in a place called The Neutral Zone, which exists in-between the gate of Prime and Cube, in a room with walls painted with moving cosmos, Soul-799 stared at the only other person present here beside him.

'I died, she says.' Thought 799 as he looked at the fiery red-haired woman in front of him. 'A goddess? She's reading a book though. Can't she just consume the contents just by wishing to if she really is a goddess?'

He couldn't help but think, despite the more important fact that he had, apparently, died.

But it couldn't be helped, after all, 799 lacked most of his common sense right now because of the instability his soul experienced when he died, along with the fact that he went inside something called the 'Wheel of Purification' which erased most of his memories. All this seemed like a dream to his current shaken brain, that had his senses distorted. Though he could feel his senses return with every passing second.

"Are you done contemplating?" The self-proclaimed goddess said in a smooth but unsettled voice, raising her head to look at him with her eyes annoyed. "Look, I don't mind you taking the time of your life, I have been locked in this place too long to care but I would still prefer if I am left alone while reading. It doesn't feel good being gawked like that, you see."

"Ah... uh, I see." 799, his current shape that of a small floating blue ball, supposedly a soul, nodded. "If you don't mind talking for a bit... How did I die exactly? "

"Hmmm," the goddess tilted her head, nodding. "I don't mind conversing as long as you're not being annoying."

Her words were harsh, but 799 couldn't find himself disliking her. She had a certain charm to her, maybe because of her otherworldly beautiful look. Coupled with red hair and golden eyes, she had an unamused face as she talked.

"You were killed by being eaten whole by a shark. You were on a yacht, I won't reveal why, but at one point of your journey, you fell into the water right on the mouth of a shark. Oh, you may or may not have been pushed down, how amusing..." the Goddess said, squinting at her book as if all this was written in it. "Ohhh, this is... kind of interesting and sad."

Soul-799 was confused, fidgeting around. "So uh, I died being eaten by a shark? Must have been painful. I guess I am quite unlucky, huh. Sharks rarely ever attack humans and would much rather feed on fish and marine mammals, after all."

"...Hm?" The Goddess frowned at his words. "What? How do you know that? You're not supposed to have any memories regarding anything of your life, not even this."

The goddess' golden irises shone brightly as she looked at 799's soul before pausing and blinking. "...Ohh, your memories weren't entirely cleaned even after you came out of the Wheel of Purification. Maybe the machine is broken... Whatever, I will erase that bit of memory after we're done here."