Chapter 28 - Wing Girl

The Next Morning...

Y/T: 'Where's Mina...?'

Mina: "Sooooorrrrrrrrrrryyyy!!!! *Huff Puff*... I... am... *Huff* so sorry... Y/N..."

Y/N: "Don't worry about it, Mina. Let's just walk to school."

Mina: "But it's sooo early..."

She lets out a loud yawn and stretches dramatically. Mina looks up at you for a moment.

Mina: "Hey... you look upset... did something happen?"

Y/N: "Well... There's this guy—"

Mina: "*GASP* YOU'RE IN LOVE?!?!?!?"

Y/N: "No!!! This guy... was my childhood friend..."

Mina: "Okay...?"

Y/N: "... Well, he asked me on a date. Right in front of..." You mumble "Kaminari..."

Mina: "I didn't catch that..."

Y/N: "In front of... K-kaminari..."

You blush. Mina gasps.

Mina: "You have a crush on Kaminari?!?!"

Y/N: "H-hey! I didn't say that..."

She giggled. You looked down with a frown, your eyebrows furrowed.

Mina: "What's wrong? What happened?"

Y/N: "Well... it's just... while I was with Zach, he said he'd seen Kaminari flirting with another girl... he said he was the 'player type'. And basically that I was probably just a play thing for him."

Mina scratches her chin, thinking over what you said.

Mina: "Hmm. That's... weird. Why would Zach even care? Besides being obviously mega jealous."

Y/N: "You think that's why he would say that?"

Mina: "Um, duh! He did ask you on a date, you know! He was probably trying to think of anything he could to get you to like him more than Kaminari. Isn't that a little obvious?"

You sigh and put your hands in your pockets.

Y/N: "I... I don't know. Kaminari does seem like... he might be that type..."

Mina: "Hey, aren't you guys close? Why don't you just talk to him?"

Your face flushes pink.

Y/N: "And tell him what?! That I'm jealous?! That would make it so obvious that... that I..."

Mina: "Like him?"

She giggles at you and shakes her head.

Mina: "As if that isn't already obvious."

You sigh.

Y/N: "I... I don't know. I don't want to be played for a fool. I feel so... embarrassed, and confused, and-"

Mina: "Y/N. Seriously. You need to just talk to him."