Chapter 10: Family (2)

Chapter 10

Title: Family (2)

....

Welp. That happened. I now know that my current family loves me a lot. At first, I thought it would take decades for me to accept whatever family I would be thrown into, but I was wrong. This family is perfect, tailored for me.

I-... I don't want to ruin it by doing something bad. Nor do I want to endanger their lives. But I have to let my mom down and keep entering the dungeons. Gods would invade this world in more or less 25 years, but that's not the only problem I have – there is that guy All For One too. To keep me and my family safe, I need to be stronger than him at the very least.

I need to think of a way where my mom doesn't worry about me but I still get to enter dungeons... ugh, this is so annoying!

«—*★*—»

A month has passed. But things are going slightly different than usual. After my parents asked me many questions and did some research around the park, they finally believed I was just lost in a corner of the park, not attempting to be kidnapped.

Now, I am not allowed to go to the park anymore until I become 10-years-old. Fuck.

My family is the best. But this is not really the best development. The first time I entered a dungeon, got some loot and exp, and now I am banned from accessing the dungeon? How am I supposed to become strong then?!

Some would say I shouldn't get angry at my parents as they are just worried about me. I know, and I accept that fact. I am not angry at them at all, but that doesn't mean this is not stunting my growth..

"Sigh," I need to quickly figure out a way.

Either way, now I am training both my quirk and body. Apparently, stamina bar snacks work kind of like Stamina potions, though they don't heal in percentage, and rather heals 20 stamina points per bar.

I am training my quirk by releasing the shockwaves towards the sky for as long as my stamina can hold off, and when my stamina runs out, I eat some stamina bars (i.g. Snickers) and then start shooting my quirk again. The cycle goes on.

[Quirk: •<Surge>; LVL 3: This Quirk grants the user the ability to convert their own vitality into energy and release it in the form of exceptionally powerful spiral shockwaves.]

I worked for three years with this quirk. But I was only able to level it up once, yet after one dungeon, I got what took me three years, another level!

Now... seeing the levelling being so slow, I don't believe the Awakening of my quirk would be at level 100, it should rather be level 10. Well, I am not sure, but from the looks of it, that seems to be the case.

Anyway, other than my quirk, I have been training my body as well. I started taking martial arts classes from an old Chinese dude. He is supposed to be a Grandmaster of something, I don't know.

"Neji, are you even paying attention?" The sudden voice of the exact old man brought me back from my fantasy as I looked at his face.

A long snow-white beard reaching his chest, a golden robe and clear, wise eyes. Even though he was old, he had a straight posture and had one of his arms behind him.

He ran his fingers through his beard and looked at me with an indifferent gaze. "Did I not tell you to pay attention to your sister's match? You are lost in thoughts, your eyes are cloudy."

Oh yeah. I looked at the ground where Nejire was lying on her back and panting hard, sweats covering all of her loli body. Huh. So she was defeated.