Chapter 31 - Study with Denki

After the weekend...

Mr Aizawa: "Alright everyone, for the rest of the day, you'll be given free time to prepare for finals. The gym is open for those of you who would like to train for the practical. The library will be open as usual for those who want to study for the written portion. You're dismissed."

Y/T: 'I can't believe finals are in two days... I should use this time wisely. I've studied some, but I definitely need to get focused. Maybe I should study with someone? Hmm... well, I would ask Denki for help, but... didn't he finish dead last in the midterms? He sure is cute, but I don't think book smarts are really his thing-'

Denki: "Heya, cutie!"

You blush as if he might've heard you thinking out loud.

Y/N: "H-hey, Denki!"

He leans on your desk, resting his head in his hands with one eyebrow raised and flashes you a mischievous grin.

Denki: "So, about this free time. What do you say we make a break for it and hit the arcade?"

You roll your eyes and poke his forehead.

Y/N: "No wonder you finished last on the midterms."

You stand from your desk and whisk your books into your arms.

Denki: "H-hey! How did you know that?!"

Y/N: "C'mon. We're studying."

Kaminari groans and sticks out his bottom lip, making a cute pouty face.

Y/N: "Put the pout away, sparky. I'll help you."

You grab him by the tie and drag him to the library. The two of you find a table and sit down next to each other.

Denki: "Ugh. This is seriously the worst."

Y/N: "You're such a baby! Come on. You have to pass so we can hang out at the training camp, right?"

Kaminari groans again and sinks into his chair.

Denki: "I guess you're right."

Y/N: "So, what are you having the most trouble with?"

Denki lazily twists a strand of his hair between his fingers.

Denki: "I don't know. Everything?"

You sigh.

Y/N: "Let's just review a bit of everything, then."

He sighs and looks at you.

Denki: "You don't have to do this, y'know. Shouldn't you be studying for yourself?"

Y/N: "I can't tell if you're actually being sweet, or just trying to work your way out of this. Either way, a review will help me, too. Let's do this!"

He smiles at you and hands you a pencil.

Denki: "You're pretty cute when you're determined."

You open your books and get to work. Denki takes occasional breaks to grab more snacks from the vending machine, and there's lots of laughs shared as you reminisce on the past school year. Both of you work hard, and by the end, you're actually starting to have some hope for him. Together, you create a pretty awesome study guide reviewing major topics for all of the main courses studied throughout the year. You're both so totally focused that you jump when the bell rings to dismiss school for the day.

Denki: "Aww, already time to part ways again?"

Denki dumps the crumbs from the last bag of chips into his mouth and leans forward into your ear.

Denki: "Our chemistry is killer together. Next time, let's work on our biology, eh-?"

You shove your elbow into his stomach, and he kneels forward.

Denki: "Oof-!"

Y/N: "You're such an idiot, Denki."

Denki giggles and pokes your shoulder.

Denki: "Come on. That was good."

Y/N: "I'll see you later. And don't forget to actually use that study guide, okay?"

Denki: "Anything for you, L/N."

You wave and start to make your way out of the library. You turn back for a moment and call out to him over your shoulder.

Y/N: "Hey, Denki? You can call me Y/N, you know."

His eyes widen for a moment in surprise, then he smiles.

Denki: "Okay, Y/N."

You smile and head home for the day.