1.

Lysandra was never one to stray from routine, she worked hard and lived a lucrative life. So how she found herself sitting at a dimly lit bar, surrounded by loud music and musky scents, she had no idea. Sure she could simply down her glass of whiskey, pick up her smart leather purse and hightail it out of there, but then she'd be left facing Danielle.

Her best friend was a bundle of energy wrapped in tall legs and silky blonde hair. She'd almost choked when Lysandra had finally admitted to being a virgin. If it wasn't for Danny's intrusive behaviour and somewhat of a makeover, Lysandra would've been well curled up in her bed watching one of her newly downloaded crime thrillers.

Frowning, she looked down at her glass then proceeded to take a swift sip of courage, it burned down her throat and she felt her body warm. Her gaze flickered across the room where she found Danny and her other best friend Jeremy watching her intently. She rolled her eyes at this. At least the two hadn't completely thrown her to the wolves.

The sarcastic woman in her head laughed at her absurdity, why she thought this would have been the best location to pick up a decent man to lose her infamous V card too, was beyond her. Scanning the room her thoughts were confirmed, nothing quite irked her interest. The men were sturdy but she'd noticed at least half of them had wedding bands, another portion seemed too young and the remainder screamed dangerous.

Finishing her drink she decided that tonight was not the night for losing ones virginity. Standing tall on her red stilettos she narrowed her gaze at her friends before she nodded towards the bathroom, planning on slipping out the back way. Her friend's wouldn't notice her disappearance or have the chance to drag her back in, until it was too late. Without a second thought she tightened her hold on her bag and beelined for the bathroom.

Steady eyes on the ground she broke free from the busy floor, she sighed a sigh of relief only to have the air slammed back out of her lungs as her body hit hard into a tall dark figure. She braced for an impact that never arrived, strong iron gripped her forearms, her heart rate accelerated. This was it, she was convinced this would be how she'd die, murdered on the grimy bar floor.

Finally when the relenting grip neither loosened or disappear, she gained the resolve to open her eyes. Sparking green irises clashed into her vision, she felt breathless. There was a intensity to the stare, she took in the remainder of the man. Salt and pepper coated the beard that wrapped around a jawline she would bet was defined to a fault. His hair hung low on his neck, almost touching his shoulders, it was tousled in a way that spoke effort without any real work. My god, the man was beautiful, she thought, then realised how funny a notice because she knew nothing beautiful came from a man that screamed danger and power the way he did.

It felt like minutes had passed when in reality it had only been a few seconds, the man straightened her and she steadied herself before readjusting her clothes. Something inside screamed at her to run, but her feet remained rooted. Lysandra settled for a simple, "thank you." Not knowing if it was appropriate considering he was the one who ran into her.

"Head out the front, sweetheart, not safe back here." The man spoke.

Only then did she realise his attire. Dark navy, a small metal emblem on his chest, she realised the man wasn't there on reasons of pleasure. Smiling faintly at the officer she continued, "I need to go out that way," she attempted to move past the man but his strong grip was once more on her. This time wrapped securely around her waist, his muscles felt like chains against her skin. The only thing dividing them was the flimsy material of her skin tight pencil dress.

Heat spread through her body, electrifying every nerve. Had she been alone so long that even the smallest touch from a man set her alight. Though this was no small touch. The officer held her in a dominating manner, one that firmly said he would not take no for an answer.