8| Order

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Order

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 8: Order (Aaron's POV)

"All right, I'm asking for the fifth time here. Do you two want to work as a team?" Davidson sighed.

"No," we answered this time in sync, quickly. "No, no, we do not want to work as a team," Vanessa clarified, shifting in her seat.

He lifted a brow, glancing between us. "It looks like you already are in one way."

I sighed, turning to Vanessa. She looked at me guiltily and then began explaining. "Mr. Davidson, it's actually not uh, it's not what it looks like. At all."

"Oh, is that so?" he asked, clearly amused at our expense.

"That guy—"

"Who? Aaron?"

"No," I said almost immediately. "The other guy."

"There's another guy, Ms. Griffin?"

"Jesus," she exhaled. "The other guy in the video, sir. Behind me, that's um somebody I was avoiding."

"Ah... an ex-boyfriend?"

"Not quite but sure," she mumbled with a small shrug. "He was under the misconception that Aaron and I were—"

"Are," Davidson corrected.

"Are, yes. Together."

"So then you are?"

"Misconception, sir," I huffed. "We are not together."

"But you kissed?"

"To pretend that we are."

"Are what?"

"Together," we groaned in sync. "Mr. Davidson," Vanessa said sharply. "I kissed Aaron and lied to that man by saying that I was seeing Aaron when in reality, I am not seeing Aaron. Am I making sense?"

He smiled. "Yes, my dear, I am not stupid."

Sure. He's not stupid.

She sighed, leaning back in her seat.

"We are not dating, sir. And we have no desire to work on the same team," I clarified, just for good measure.

"That's fine then," he shrugged.

Both of us breathed out in relief.

"But you are dating."

"No," we said in sync. "We're not—"

"You are now."

Vanessa and I paused, waiting for an explanation.