38

Zanes POV
Flashback/Memory: the night he found Nova

I was sitting in my office with my parents. Of course we were having the same conversation, or argument I should say. That we've been having the last couple years.

"Son you need to think about the pack. Giselle is a fine choice for Luna." My father tells me.

"I am! Do you not get that? This is for the pack! That need their rightful Luna. Not some bimbo that only wants the title and power!"

"Do not speak of her like that!" My father snaps.

"We know dear, but it's been so long. You've looked everywhere for your mate. Maybe it's time to think about the possibility that she-"

I know where my mother is going with this, and I don't want to hear it.

"No!" I roar "She's not dead! I will find her!"

"Zane wait!" My mother calls

"Zane get back here!" My father yells.

I was already storming out of the office, and wasn't turning back. I was itching to shift, and I don't know why. I usually don't get this way. I made my way to the woods thinking a good run would help me calm down.

Once I shift I let my wolf senses come forward and lead me. I go in a direction I've hardly ever gone before. But I don't think much of it. In wolf form we tend to let the primal instincts we have guide us.

I go further out than I have in a long time. When suddenly a sweet scent catches my attention. It seems I'm already headed straight for it. It's mixed with something else though, blood. The coppery smell of blood is getting thicker as I get closer, and panic sets in.

Wait, panic? Why the fuck am I panicking?

My thoughts don't stop me however and I continue at full speed. The smell, I know it. I don't know how, but I know I do. It smells like watermelon and cucumber. I know I need to get to it, and fast. The smell of blood is angering me, beyond reason.

I come to a small clearing, and the first thing I notice is red. Red blood everywhere, covering everything. Someone was definitely killed here. The thought has me in a rage. That's until a small form a little ways off catches my attention.

'Mate'

Even like this, she's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen...

She's in her wolf form, but so covered in blood I can't tell her coloring. She looks up at me as I approach then her eyes close. Her breathing slows, and I know she's dying. Someone tried to kill her. The thought alone has me roar into the nothingness.

No! I won't let her!

I shift and scoop her into my arms, feeling the sparks tingle everywhere she's touching. I start running as fast as I can back to the pack house. She needs medical attention, and now. I can't lose her, I won't. I link Millie, the pack doctor.

'Millie, I need you to meet me at the entrance of the hospital wing! I'll be there in five.'

'Yes Alpha.'

I go as quickly as I can. My adrenaline pressing me to go faster than I've ever ran as a human. I have to save her. I will save her. She's means everything to me and she doesn't even know it yet. I'm already wrapped around her finger.

I break through the treeline, I see the pack house come in to view. I will my legs to move faster, praying they do. I can see Millie waiting for me in the front of the house.

Good...

She spots me running and links me before I get to her.

'Oh Goddess, what happened to her?'

'I don't know, but she's dying. You have to save her!'

'I will do my best Alpha. May I ask, who is she?'

I growl out as I finally reach her.

"You WILL save her! And she's my mate, and your Luna!"

Her eyes widen as she bows her head.

"Yes Alpha. Quickly bring her in here."

I follow her in to the hospital wing and then in an operating room. Nurses rush in asking what she needs and start grabbing supplies and tools for her.

I notice a woman with a syringe coming close to my mate and I bare my teeth at her. I block her path to my mate and let out a low warning growl. I will protect her.

"I-It's just a s-shot Alpha. To m-make h-her shift." The nurse stutters out.

Millie walks up and faces me.

"I'm sorry Alpha, but I need you to wait outside."

I growl at her.

"I know you don't want to leave her Alpha, but you must. It's the only way I'll be able to operate."

I just nod and force myself out of the room. I don't go far though. I pace in front of the room for what feels like forever. Finally Millie comes out of the room.

"She's stable alpha. We are about to move her into a room and then you can see her."

"Which room?"

"Alpha I suggest you-"

"I said, which room." I growl out.

"Room two Alpha." Millie bows her head.

I go to room two and wait. Finally the nurses wheel her in, and start hooking up machines to her. I growl lowly, but manage not to scare them off.

Once they've gone I take the seat beside her and grab her hand. I feel the sparks instantly. Loving the calming affect she already has on me already. I already know I'd die for this woman. She already has me wrapped around her small finger.

My mate... My Luna... My Love...

Authors Note: Don't forget to vote & comment!!!
More Votes = More chapters