Chapter 37

Next he took me to the cabin that I assumed was his. And true to my thoughts the cabin was his giving you the dominating aura. It was bigger than mine but it was beautiful. I have to say this man has a peculiar taste in designing. "This is my cabin, if I need anything I will call you through the intercom and you are expected to do the same. I don't tolerate mistakes when it comes to work so mind that," he said in his dominating voice. I nodded yes. "You can leave now. Jacob might come in a while, so just send him in," he said and I took it as my cue to leave.
As soon as I left his cabin, I entered mine and started working on the reports that Alex gave me. By reading the reports I was honestly impressed by their works. After some time Jacob came by and I sent him to Alex's cabin.
I was so engrossed in my work that I didn't realise it was lunch time. A knock made me snap out of my work.

I saw a woman who looked to be of my age, maybe a few years older than me. I gestured to her to come in. "Hi I'm Samantha Collins. I am Mr. Knight’s secretary.  Can I join you for lunch?" "Um I am sorry for being rude but you weren't there when we-I mean when I arrived…" I replied carefully. She seemed sweet but still I can't trust her. "Oh god! I went overboard again. I really am Mr. Knight's secretary. I was a little late today, that's why you didn't see me in the morning. Now if you are satisfied can we go for lunch. I am starving and I really want to know more about you. You seem different from others." She made a face when she spoke the last line that made me chuckle. "Okay let me just inform Mr. Knight," saying that I went to his cabin.

I knock on his door and enter after hearing a gruff ‘come in’. Alex was sitting on his chair, reading a file. “You want something?” he asked me as he saw who entered. I shook my head and said, “I just came to inform you that I am going for lunch with Samantha. Can I get you something to eat as well?" "No need. And  come back within an hour," he said, dismissing me. I went towards Samantha who was waiting for me near the elevator. "So you and the big boss huh?" She said, wiggling her eyebrows. "It's nothing like that. I just went to inform him so that he won't search for me if he needed to," I said pressing the elevator button. "Aww I was shipping for you two. You seem so sweet and not like other women who work here." I rolled my eyes and entered the elevator Samantha followed me behind. "Where are we going for lunch?" I asked her to change the topic. "To the nearby cafe. They serve the best sandwiches. You'll love it," she replied.

The cafe we entered is really cosy like the one I've worked in before. We sat at the corner table and ordered lunch for ourselves. As soon as the food came we dug in. I've to say the food here is amazing. We talked about anything and everything. It seems so good to have someone to talk with. I made a mental note to call Kate though. I miss her.

I got to know that Samantha is married to her high school sweetheart, Kevin who works in the same company and has a 2 years old son Joshua. She showed me his picture. He is one of the cutest kids I've ever seen.
Although I had to be careful about what to say about myself it was fun talking to her. She is a nice person. As we finished our lunch we didn't realise lunch break was almost over.

We quickly paid and went to the office. From what Kate told me he tends to forget to eat when he's working so I bought an extra sandwich for him. When Sam asked me, I just shrugged her off. I don't think she knows about the mafia stuff so I didn't tell her anything. We quickly said goodbye and went to our respective stations.

I knocked on Alex's door and entered after getting his permission. "I bought you a sandwich," I said to him. He looked at me with his raised eyebrows, I felt nervous. "I just thought you'd be hungry since you didn't have your lunch. If you don't want to eat it's fine" I rambled. God Isa what were you thinking. "Stop scaring her fratello," a voice came from my back. I turned and saw Nate was standing near the door with a wide smile. "Jesus! You scared me" I admonished. He sheepishly smiled and said sorry to which I waved him off. "You should eat the sandwich Alexie," Nate said entering the room making m bit my lip to shop myself from laughing at his nickname. "Do not call me that," Alex said in annoyance. "I will eat once you leave so fuck off," Alex continued. "Yeah yeah I know how much you love me. Anyways Jake and I are leaving for Sicily," Nate said to which Alex nodded. Nate turned towards me and said, "take care of yourself and if this ass troubles you then can call me." I laughed at his last statement and nodded yes while Alex looked like he would murder him any moment. He hurriedly said bye and left not before kissing me on my head. God it felt so good. Alex was still frowning. I asked him to eat before I left the room. As I entered my cabin a few happy tears fell as I thought about the Knight family. They have been nothing but nice to me. I wiped my tears and started working.

Hello people!!
Now if there are any mistakes here please tell me kindly. Key word here is kindly. Don't bash me in the comments section. I know the story is not perfect but this is the first time I am writing something like this and I am not a professional writer. It took me a lot of courage to post the first chapter and it hurts when people don't appreciate and write rude comments.
I know some people don't like the pictures I have uploaded but this is how I imagine them, it is not necessary that you guys also like them. You can imagine how you like but don't just don't bash me in the comments section. Hope you guys understand me and support my story.

Enjoy!