| thirty seven ; kamish's weapons

the shadow in the light

chapter thirty seven; kamish's weapons

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

y/n sat around in ah-jin's guild office, turning in her chair as she wondered to herself about her powers.

"can't believe i lost my sword to that old ice elf bitch," she muttered in annoyance.

she placed her head down at her table, frowning. how am i supposed to fight now? i don't have a sword anymore.

it was then that the light in her office dimmed down. y/n looked at the ceiling, wondering why it had suddenly lost its power.

the office suddenly grew brighter again and a figure appeared in front of her. an aura as bright as the sun had enveloped the figure as they walked towards the hunter.

"lucia? what the- what're you doing here?" y/n asked in absolute confusion.

lucia smiled at her, "i heard your calls of distress and thought i'd come here to help you."

"distress?" y/n repeated. "oh, about me losing my sword?"

"of course," lucia replied. "you know y/n, you don't really need a sword to fight. you can fight using the mark of lumen itself."

"i can?" y/n questioned.

"the mark of lumen will give you the ability of creation. it takes the mana and energy around you and converts it into light. you can take light away from other sources and make it your own," lucia explained.

"how do i learn how to use the mark of lumen?"

"the mark of lumen gives you visions. it can come anytime, even in the midst of a battle. most visions tell you what to do but there are rare ones that require you to chant a spell. i have had only one vision like that, and you've seen it before."

y/n hummed as she thought back, "was that when you created a sphere of light and slammed it down during the battle when baran and the other monarch betrayed you?"

lucia nodded her head. "i've placed a scroll inside your inventory if you wish to learn about it. if you're wondering how to take light away from other sources and make it your own, the steps are quite simple. simply point the mark at the desired source from which you want to take away light. then, you must envision the light pulling towards you. you must desire for it to come to you."

"that's all?" y/n asked.

"mhm," said lucia. "go ahead and try at this ceiling light of yours."

y/n hummed as she aimed the mark at the ceiling light. she envisioned the light swirling towards her in a path and closed her eyes in full concentration. she willed the light to be hers.

it was then she felt something coursing through her. she opened her eyes, growing shocked at the sight before her. from the ceiling, a beautiful swirl of light connected with her hand. it radiated a golden aura while having a white mist to it.

"good. now, try to use it," said lucia. the path of light stopped as the office was now enveloped in complete darkness.

y/n pulled back her hand and looked towards one of the couches. she pushed her hand and a light blast pushed the couch to the wall, scorching the surface. her eyes sparkled as she looked at her hand in amazement.