Visiting Uncle

Ellie

I took my Uncle's warning seriously, he told me to stay inside until he had reached me. I didn't like his tone and there was a part of me that was really unsettled. His tone on the phone was nothing filled worry and concern. I was really shocked that he found out about my engagement, my Uncle never paid much attention to Human news. 

It wasn't until I checked my phone when I had properly woken up from my sleep that I saw thousands of notifications on my phone. Friends from like night had tagged me in photos and videos, others had sent me various links to different media outlets from papers to social media. All of which were commenting and announcing my identity to world as Seth's fiancé. 

I knew there would come a time when the media would find out my identify but we both had been really careful to avoid the paparazzi. I had no interest in being a celebrity or having the media follow me around. I liked my privacy, plus with being a wolf it would be more difficult for me to navigate that side of me. There was also a part of me that felt guilty I had not disclosed to Seth my true identity. There was a wash of worry that he would not accept me for who I was. 

I groaned as these thought kept running through my mind. Seth had already called me and stated that he would handle the media and that I shouldn't worry. He was very reassuring and was already prepared for me feeling stressed and concerned about all the attention. He too advised me to stay in doors and that he would call me once he had finished work as he had some meetings to attend. 

I had spent the day tidying my flat and getting the spare bedroom ready for my Uncle. I was just seeping a pot of tea when there was a loud knock on the door. I abandoned the tea and looked through my peephole to see that my Uncle was stood in my doorway with an overnight bag flung over his shoulder. I quickly unlocked the door and threw myself into his arms, he responded with a tight hug. I ushered him in quickly and he shut the door behind him. 

"Ellie Belly." He sighed in relief. 

"Uncle, it's so good to see you!" I exclaimed with a smile. The thing that worried me was that he was not smiling back at me and I knew his impromptu visit was something to be worried about. 

"You know I'm always happy to see you." He replied with a tight smile. "Let me get my stuff settled, use your bathroom and we're talk."

"Of course, do you want something to eat or drink?" I ask. 

"You have the kettle going, cup of tea would be lovely. Have you eaten yet?" Uncle James asks. 

"Not yet, my belly has been unsettled since your phone call. I was gonna order in or I could make you a sandwich if you've eaten already?"

"A sandwich is fine. I'll be right back." He says as he kisses my forehead and scatters off to the guest room. 

It's during this time while I prepare the food and tea, that I think about my Uncle, he looks exhausted and stressed. Over the last few years I have seen him age more than I have in my life. I don't know why he has come here so quickly but I can sense something is troubling him deeply. My wolf, well her happiness from last night seems to have warn off and she seems agitated and irritation but won't express to me what is bothering her. 

I don't let her mood infiltrate mine though because last night was the most magically night of my life. Everything was perfect and to be honest I am really excited for my Uncle to meet Seth. I know Seth has been bugging me to meet my family however the timing has been bad and I was scared of Grandmother's questions about my mate. I knew it would be safe for my Uncle to meet him. I'm so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realise that my Uncle is back from fleshing up, I see him sitting down on my sofa leaning back with his head to the ceiling. I hear his large exhale and it is then that I take the cup of tea and sandwich to him. He gives me a smile and says thanks as he starts chomping away at the food.