17

The wind howled as it passed the little cottage in the snow as its host and three guests slept soundly within it. The snow had finally stopped for the first time in days allowing the sun to shine brightly from the sky, no longer having the clouds obscuring it. If you weren't fast asleep, you would be admiring the overworld.

Also, if you weren't asleep, you would have noticed the tall figure with weapons galore marching towards the little cottage with what seemed to be malicious intent. They had the posture of a man who had been fighting for centuries yet the way they walked showed youth. They looked intimidating, to say the least.

However, as they approached the cottage, their pace seemed to slow, almost as if they recognised the building. But they didn't have any time to reminisce and instead further marched to the cottage, finding their way to the front door. They lifted a scarred hand and curled their fingers to form a fist before bashing on the door three times.

This was what woke you and the rest of the sleeping group. You awoke with a start, ready to fight off whatever it was. Phil awoke confused yet was prepared to fight within seconds whilst Eret and Niki awoke in a daze, seemingly confused by their surroundings.

None of you made for the door and instead stood your ground, each of you looking at one another as if silently asking for an answer as to what was going on. Unfortunately, no one seemed to know. As none of you answered, the bashing on the door began to quicken and seemed to get more violent as the seconds passed.

However, all of a sudden, they just stopped. You looked at Phil as he looked at you, the two of you believing whoever that had been had finally left. That was until you heard a hoarse voice yell from outside causing you to rush for your sword you had taken off the previous night.

"I know you're in there" they yelled. However, unbeknownst to the three other people in the room, you recognised that monotone voice all too well and you sighed in relief when you recognised it.

As you turned to tell Phil you knew who the visitor was, Phil rushed past you and ran through the front door, shutting it behind him, leaving you, Eret and Niki all puzzled. Just to be safe, you attacked your sheath back onto the belt of your uniform and crept towards the front door, your movements as quiet as possible so you could listen in to what was happening out there.

First, it was just silence. Complete and utter silence apart from the wind as it whistled past. Until you heard Phil's familiar laugh. A laugh. That must be good. So, you walked towards the door and pulled it open, stepping outside. The second you shut the door you realised just how cold it was. There may not be any more snow falling from the sky but there still was snow covering the ground. After all, all you wore were some black trousers and a thin poet shirt as your trench coat and cloak sat inside. You instantly felt your limbs begin to shiver and instinctively wrapped your arms around yourself in hopes to keep you warm.

When you looked towards Phil you saw him standing there, laughing, with exactly who you thought it was. Technoblade. Why he was there you had no idea but he was here nonetheless and he seemed to be getting on well with Phil perfectly. Almost as if they had known each other for years already. However, the more you watched them, the more you realise that they had a dynamic about them. A dynamic you didn't fully understand. All you could really figure out was that they definitely knew each other.

As you were admiring the sight of what you believed to be your two closest friends getting on well, Technoblade looked up in your direction and finally noticed you and you swore you saw his eyes going wide through his mask. Phil seemed to notice this as he turned to look at you, then back to Technoblade then back to you once again, an eyebrow raised and a smirk playing on his face. You'll have to ask him about that later.