First Chocolate Tasting

"For this project, you will be in pairs..."

Some students groaned, while others just sighed.

Hoseok was more of a groaner.

He laid his head against the table, the brightness from the computer building up his headache.

The lecturer went ahead and explained the gist of the assignment.

"Make sure the main project is prioritised. You have time to work on your explanation, and that can wait after your project. Any other questions?"

No one said anything.

"Okay. If there are questions you can come to me or email me."

After that, time was spent with people just finding their partners.

What was Hoseok going to do?

This was an elective class. Not that it was not important, it was that he managed to sign up for a class full of music majors, while he was more to the dancing side.

To summarise, he does not know anyone.

And even if he did want to get to know someone, most of the people in this class already had their own cliques.

Or prefer staying alone.

Like this guy walking up to the lecturer.

The man was an omega, which he found out only when he happened to sit close to the lecturer.

The man passed by him to get something for the lecturer, and Hoseok was about to walk out when the scent of the omega caught his attention.

The omega smelled like warm chocolate, sweet and thick.

But there was also another scent. More nutty.

It would have gone well together, the scent of chocolate and nuts, but the nutty scent was more... alpha.

Which got him confused.

The alpha scent seemed to mold, not very intimately but...

It stood out, rather than being a part of the sweet scent, it was more of like a cover. A protection.

Hm...

His own alpha was confused.

Because the omega smelled unclaimed but... claimed.

And he wondered why his alpha felt like that. He understood the confusion, but why confused? Why bother?

Why...

"Excuse me? Jung Hoseok-ssi?"

He looked up to see the lecturer.

"Yes sir?"

"You're the only one who has not signed up with a partner yet. Do you have one?"

Oh shit he forgot-

"Oh- no I- I haven't..."

"Ah... then would you be okay with being paired with this student here?"

The lecturer gestured the student behind him and...

"Oh..."

"Kim Namjoon-ssi does not have a partner yet. Would you be okay with him?"

Hoseok gaped at the sight of the omega.

He was swaddled in a fluffy sweater, looking calm and cold.

But Hoseok was able to pick his scent out.