17-SLOWLY

Annika blinked repeatedly catching her shallow breaths.

"Are you okay?" Alora asked Annika

"Yes I'm fine, just a headache" Annika swallowed lying

She was confused about what sort of daydream she had envisioned. She would never shoot someone without a proper reason to.

"Devine followed me while I left. I'm so sorry for any troubles or sudden worries I've caused. I made sure to bring her back home right away." Alora spoked softly

"It's fine Alora, Thanks for bringing her back" Cedric spoke

"I shall be on my way now," Alora said

"No! I mean it's getting dark out and we're all exhausted" Axel said

"It's fine. I can take a cab" Alora said

"I think from what Devine did today you should stay here at the mansion. She loves you so do we all. Plus we all want you to stay as well" Lilith said with a smile

Alora didn't know how to respond or how to feel. The mansion sure did feel like home but she didn't want to be such a burden. Her heart sunk knowing that Devine followed her. She didn't want any harm happening to Devine.

"Thank you, Lilith. I'll surely stay. Come here, Devine" Alora opened her arms

Devine freed herself from Axel's hug and wrapped her arms tightly around Alora who kneeled to hug her. The team watched the two like a campfire, it felt warm and comforting but Axel was only falling for Alora more. He wanted to catch himself before it was too late but he couldn't help but adore her.

Hours Later...

The sun had set and the team had finally settled down knowing Alora and Devine were back safe and sound. They all sat by the dining table to enjoy dinner which Alora prepared herself for the team. Annika on the other hand was present physically but her mind often drifted. She couldn't stop thinking about what played in her mind earlier. Was it a warning or was it just her anger? Besides that, the team barely knew much about Alora's personal life besides her being The Gravano's daughter. Who did she grow up with?

"Would you like some?"

Annika looked up to see Alora plating her dish.

"Yes sure" was all Annika could say

Everyone dug into the fresh warm dinner. Alora placed a fresh batch of donuts in the middle of the table. Devine squealed in excitement.

"My favourite donuts!"

Alora chuckled

The familiar scent from the donuts reminded Cedric of when he saw Alora at the bakery which Axel owned.

"Wait! You worked at that bakery down the street right?" Cedric asked Alora

"Yeah, to think of it I think I remember you. You ordered a single donut"

"Yeah it was requested by Devine herself" Cedric chuckled

"Why don't you tell us more about yourself Alora?" Annika asked cutting in

Alora shifted in her seat.

"I think it would be nice to know more about you. Now we know how great of a cook you are" Lilith said

"Thanks. Well I suppose so, there isn't much to know but ask away"

"Childhood? Interests?" Annika said

The word childhood pricked at Alora's skin like thorns. She didn't have a great childhood or one to brag about. It was dark and always raining.

"Well, interests I loved using imagination. I guess that's why I have a thing for reading and writing, on the other hand, I love cooking and baking as you all know" Alora says smiling softly.