~14~ feral boys

~a couple months later~

Dream opens the front door a few seconds after I knock with a smile, which quickly dissolves.

"Oh, it's you." He leaves the door open as he goes to sit back on the couch.

"Fuck you, too," I say and shut the door behind me. "And, yes Dream, I was having a wonderful day."

"Was?" George chuckles, sitting on his phone on a different chair.

"He shouldn't be a dick," I hit Dream upside the head as I walk by the couch. "Where's Nick?"

"Why do you want to know?" Dream turns around in his chair to face me. George raises his eyebrows.

"He's the only one who's not here," I try to cover up my interest, but it's hard to cover a natural blush that has for sure appeared.

"Oh, sureee" George shakes his head.

"We believe you," Dream turns back to his phone.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask. What do they know? Quackity better not have told them.

"Oh, nothing," Dream lightens his voice.

"You're annoying," I roll my eyes.

"You're an idiot," he glares at me.

I open my mouth to speak when Nick bounds down the stairs. "Are they here?"

"No, it was just Taegan," George sounds bored.

"Oh, hi Taegan!" Nick says with a smile.

I turn to give Dream a smile. "See? Someone's at least a little excited to see me."

"He doesn't count," Dream shakes his head.

Once again, I start to speak again when I'm interrupted. This time by a doorbell.

"I'll get it!" George and Nick say at the exact same time. They shove each other as they fight for the door.

They struggle for a few moments before Dream walks up behind them and opens the door, revealing Karl and Quackity.

I stay on the couch, knowing this was going to be chaotic.

It takes exactly two minutes of Quackity and Karl being at the house for it to get a little crazy. They dropped their stuff off in their rooms and immediately started messing with things. Dream has lamb cooking in the kitchen for a special dinner tonight. They walked over and started to joke about which spices they should put into the recipe. Dream did not appreciate that.

"I was thinking a little nutmeg," Karl scans the spice rack.

"But what about cinnamon?" Quackity laughs.

"You guys better be joking," Dream shoos them away from the stove.

"Is the food almost ready?" George asks, "I'm hungry."

"Not for like another thirty minutes," Dream laughs.

George pouts before sulking off to somewhere in the house with Quackity. Sapnap rushed Karl upstairs to see something, leaving Dream and I alone.

"Want to help?" he asks as he stirs a sauce.

I shrug having nothing better to do, "I guess,"

I grate some cheese and help make garlic cheese bread as Dream finishes the main course. The house has slowly started to smell like spices. George and Quackity's comments about the smell wafting through the house can be heard from the kitchen.