Chapter Forty Eight

"Where are we?" Clarice finally asked as she walked alongside Severus in an unfamiliar city. 

"Brussels," He finally told her. 

"Sooo?" She questioned. 

"Patience, my dear." He spoke as they passed a building that looked like a castle. Clarice was in shock, she didn't know what to look at or where they were heading. She glanced at Severus who had actually changed into black slacks and a white button down long sleeve shirt. 

Severus stopped in front of a very large set of stairs and Clarice looked to see where they were now. It was as if she was standing in front of the largest greenhouse she had ever seen. 

"Sweet Merlin..." She trailed off and adjusted the glasses on her nose to make sure she was seeing things right. 

"This is Le Botanique." Severus said and smiled when he saw Clarice's face light up. 

The next two hours consisted of the pair, more Clarice than Severus, marveling at different plant species.

"This isn't all." Severus told her as they finished and came back towards the entrance. 

"What do you mean?" She asked and he guided her to a statue to the side, tapped it with his wand, and it unveiled an entrance. She gave him a curious look, but nonetheless followed him into a place that was even more extravagant. 

Millions of plants littered throughout the place, not just muggle plants, but magical ones as well. Her eyes wandered to the ceiling and saw different types of birds fluttering in the sky. 

"Incredible." She said to him. She couldn't help but go back to Dragon Beet more than once. 

"I've never seen a Dragon Beet before. They're incredibly rare, only grow in Egypt's Blue Hole in a secluded cavern." Clarice said. After she checked the going rate of the plant, her eyes widened and she moved on. Severus had checked it and almost choked... five hundred galleons. 

"Are you hungry?" He asked her and she nodded. "Come along."

He apparated them back onto the streets in front of a small cafe. The pair walked in and decided to order their food to go so they could enjoy it back at their home. It was their first night out after having Elio and Clarice couldn't stop thinking about him. 

"Hermione?" She called out. 

"In here!" She heard a voice come from their library. Clarice should've known that is where the girl would be. 

"Sorry, I know I should've asked, but I couldn't help myself." Hermione blushed when Clarice walked in and saw the girl laying on the floor with three different books laid in front of her. Hermione got up to her feet. 

"Elio is sleeping. He went down rather quickly. He's grown so much." Hermione exclaimed. 

"We know, I'm actually a little worried." Clarice said as they walked out to the kitchens where Severus was placing something on the table. 

"What is- No fucking way. No way! You did not!" Clarice shrieked when she saw that Severus had placed the Dragon Beet on her table. 

"Is that a-" Hermione started. 

"YES!" Clarice yelled and hugged Severus tightly. "Thank you."

"You're very welcome. Happy birthday." He stated and kissed her forehead. 

"We grabbed you a salad. It has french fries in it." Clarice laughed and handed Hermione a take out container with a few galleons inside. 

"I can take you home if you're ready." Clarice stated.