Daki

"Y/N, are you okay? You have been glaring at the rice for some time now

"Y/N, are you okay? You have been glaring at the rice for some time now." Zenitsu asks, a concerned frown in his face as he watches Y/N staring at the food with a gloomy expression.

"Oh, sorry!"

Y/N jumps in surprise and goes back to eating, slowly chewing the food still with a sad face.

'I wonder what happened, did I do something wrong to her? Should I apologize? But what's the point if I don't even know what I should apologize for?'

It didn't take long for other girls in the room to notice Y/N state, and to start gossiping about it.

"Warabihime oiran start acting like before again, did she and Y/N had a fight?"

"I doubt that was the case, if she really had the nerve to fight with Warabihime, she would've already been gone in a long time, It's what happens to anyone who goes against her."

"Yeah, you're right, it's just that she look so down...."

Zenitsu was now wandering aimlessly around the corridors.

'Improving my shamisen and koto skills won't do me any good, I'm supposed to be looking for Uzui wives Hinatsuru... But what can I do? I've been listening closely, but there's no word about Hinatsuru.'

He puts his hand behind his ears, trying to concentrate better in the sounds around the house.

'Maybe it was the roshu's wife who died four days ago, everyone's sad and isn't talking...'

He goes through all the conversations around the house, most of them useless, but one specific sound managed to caught his attention.

Sniff...sob...

"A girl is crying! That's the most important sound!"

As you would expect of Zenitsu.

He ran to where the sounds were coming from, there was a girl sobbing in the middle of a completely messy room.

"Hey, what a mess! What's going on here?!"

His screams caught the girl attention, she looked back at him, which make him panic even more when he saw her bloodied lips and bruised cheek.

"Huh? Was there a fight in here?! Did someone hit you?! Are you all right?!"

Responding to his rain of questions, she started to cry even more loudly, he exasperated crouched in front of the girl, trying to calm her down.