Chapter 13 - Hold my waist Maxwell

Belle's Pov

Me and Beth arrived twenty minutes late as usual. I couldn't wait to see the look on Leo's face when I showed up in yet another red, short, leggy dress.

There was cars lining the streets outside the house. It wasn't much different than usual, this row of houses was the default 'jock houses'

They all hosted parties weekly, without fail.

Beth pushed open the door and I was blasted with music in my face as well as a very tipsy David greeting us.

"Hey you guys!" Beth hugged David, I did the same and they walked off together towards the kitchen.

I could follow her, I mean it would make sense... But I wanted to find someone else... in particular.

I walked to the back of the house towards the living room, assuming that's where most people were.

Oli walked over to me when he noticed I was here "Belle, were playing beer pong, you joining?" I could go look for Leo, but beer pong sounded more amusing at this very moment.

"Yeah sure" There was a couple guys off the football team I recognized, some of their girlfriends that I'd seen at various football games were also standing around the table.

"Okay who's team am I on?" I walked to one side of the table as Oli stood beside me.

"Your with me Belle, and Sophia and Jack are against us" Sophia and Jack were Oli's friends, they were also siblings so we'd met up with them a couple times.

"Ahh may the better family win"

Sophia was competitive, I knew that much.

But Jack was more the laid back type. Not one to involve himself in drama, I'd known that because when me and Sam broke up.

He didn't stop being friends with Sam and he didn't stop being friends with me. We were like his divorced parents and he couldn't choose which one.

So he remained friends with both of us. I didn't really mind because Sam wasn't a big deal in my life anymore and I only talked to Jack at parties.

"Okay you guys can go first" Oli said to them.

Sophia picked up a ping pong ball and shot for the cup closest to Oli and missed.

Ha, loser.

My turn...

I shot a ball into the one closest to me and it landed. Sophia groaned and drank, revealing the dare at the end.

"Make out with opponent of your choice for 30 seconds" She lightly smiled before walking up to Oli, grabbing him by the neck and sticking her tongue down his throat.

They stood there making out for a solid minute, at leasttt "Okay okay, we get it" I grabbed Oli by the back of his jumper and he looked all flustered.

Sophia smirked and went back to her side of the table. I turned when I heard heels clacking behind me.

Beth.

She grabbed my arm and whispered "I put David to sleep" When Oli noticed Beth his face dropped.

Beth would have seen Oli make out with Sophia, damn.

I didn't really know exactly what was going on with them but I mean their faces told the story.

Beth's little sad eyes and Oli's disappointment. They hadn't liked each other when we were younger. After I ditched my popular friends for Beth, in a twist of fate. Beth became popular, and I was just her unpopular friend.