The Novea Family's Baby Prodigy

An empty space. Void of anything. It wasn't dark, there was just... nothing. No light, no color, no temperature, no pressure, nothing.

I feel empty. Is this what it means to die? ...I'm glad.

Bah! Is that what you'd expect me to say, you fuckers? Nah, I don't wanna die just yet! No! I was so beautiful, so charming, so utterly jaw-dropping that I'm sure that when people see me walking past, they'd think that I was a fallen angel or somethin'!

Nah! I can't die! My beauty, my smarts, my aura, all of can't be hidden in this void! Without me, Earth will surely fall!

GODDESS! HELLO! ARE YOU THERE?! AREN'T YOU SUPPOSED TO SHOW UP RIGHT ABOUT NOW! WHERE'S THAT DISEMBODIED VOICE THAT MAKES ME CALM DURING MY MOMENT DESPAIR, HUH, GODDESS?! AREN'T YOU SUPPOSED TO BE HERE RIGHT ABOUT NOW TO CONSOLE ME AND FEEL GUILTY AND THEN REINCARNATE ME INTO ANOTHER WORLD OR SOMETHING?!

GODDESS? GODDESS! WHERE ARE YOU? I'M GONNA KEEP SCREAMING UNTIL YOU COME, DUDE! NOW SHOW ME THE BRILLIANT LIGHT THAT WILL MAKE ME GASP IN AWE AND FRIGHT!

I could swear I could have heard a faint exasperated sigh somewhere, but I was sure that was just my imagination... A bright light came right after my loud announcement, just as I expected. Hmph!

Next thing I knew, I was in a crib. I felt the outside bars. Marble bars? Well, anyway, ha. As expected, I must have reincarnated. I felt kind of guilty taking over my new parents' baby's body, but I'm sure they still think I'm their child, so I guess it's fine.

NOW! Onto the next question. Is there magic? I really hope there is magic. There has to be magic, right? Right? GODDESS! GODDESS, THERE'S MAGIC RIGHT? No reply. Oh, whatever. I'm sure there'll be magic here. There has to be. I struggled to swing around in my crib. Wow, even though I read stuff about this transmigration shit, I really thought those MC's were exaggerating when they said that it was hard to move as a baby.

"Alice? What's the matter?" An unknown person burst into my room as soon as they heard the sound of my squealing. I didn't really understand what they said, though. Just a bunch of gibberish to my ears. Oh, whatever. I'll try using magic. I'm sure they have it here. And if they don't, it'll just look as if a baby is playing by making strange poses.

I struggled to put my chubby hands on my chest. Then I recited a spell from the recent novel I read, trying to feel the so-called 'mana' in my veins. All I did was feel my heart palpitating and my energy from feeding earlier, but whatever. [Oh free spirits, take my mana as yours and, in exchange, free me from these worldly shackles!] I cringed.

Wow. It's even more embarrassing when I say it. Wait. How did I say it? Is that even possible as a baby? And that didn't feel like I was saying anything. As I continued to contemplate, my young, fragile, and adorable body started hovering. I felt the cold win faintly graze the inside of my diaper and yelped out in surprise before shouting out in glee. Wow! It actually worked! I controlled the so-called air magic and slowly flew towards the person near me.

"Ba-bablallla! Hambalalfelu! N-nano? N... nano. Nano. Nalo? Naaaanaaa!" I eventually cried out in frustration after hearing babbling instead of Japanese and gave up, instead moving closer and taking a closer look at the person's face. After looking at me up and down, then seeing my feet hover in the air, they just downright collapsed in front of me. No sigh, no scream, no loud thud, nothing. They just fell to the ground. It looked like they died.

Hey? Dude? Did ya die? Hey! I wanna know where the hell am I? Come on. I floated down. With me still hovering, I looked down at their faces. Wow! She's beautiful! Silver hair, beige eyes, a soft and full face, it felt like I was looking at a painting. I pinched their face as hard as I could to try and wake her up. Uh, well. Whatever. I'll look for someone else. I decided. I started floating higher up and moved towards the door handle.